PDA

View Full Version : I’m at a loss for words

Eric M
10-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Condolences to Garys family. The announced closing of Kienes Fly Shop are words I thought I would never here. Best wishes to all.

steveg137
10-05-2023, 11:40 AM
Ditto condolences and a real shame about the store

tcorfey
10-05-2023, 12:42 PM
Yes I was shocked to hear this news.

Sonoman
10-05-2023, 01:27 PM
I just saw the email. Deepest condolences to Gary's family.

He and the shop will be missed. No more fly shops in Santa Rosa, so Kiene's became my "home" shop years ago. I loved the community there; it will be missed.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-05-2023, 07:44 PM
I will keep the Forum going as long as I am here on earth.

Sonoman
10-05-2023, 09:12 PM
It will be a sad day when this Forum gets shut down.

ErikB
10-06-2023, 04:11 AM
I was completely surprised by the announcement also. My first experience with all of the guys was when they were at American Fly Fishing
I have been working with them and all of the guys from Kienes since way back. Will surely miss the shop. Best of luck to all my friends that work there and hope they find a new endeavor if they so choose.

Tight Lines
Erik B

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-06-2023, 05:59 AM
It will be a sad day when this Forum gets shut down.

I will try to get someone, someday to "take over". It keeps me connected to a bunch of really good people.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-06-2023, 06:01 AM
I was completely surprised by the announcement also. My first experience with all of the guys was when they were at American Fly Fishing
I have been working with them and all of the guys from Kienes since way back. Will surely miss the shop. Best of luck to all my friends that work there and hope they find a new endeavor if they so choose.

Tight Lines
Erik B

Thanks Eric,

You have been around the fly fishing scene in Sacramento for a long time now.

Tony Buzolich
10-06-2023, 08:02 AM
Bill, I too am glad to hear that you'll keep the board going. It's one of the best things we have to keep us up to date with a hobby we all love.
Thanks for hanging in there,
Tony

Mrs.Finsallaround
11-15-2023, 02:56 PM
I am so glad to hear this! Paul and I were shocked at the news of the shop closing. I was curious to see if the forum would still be going, so I signed on after a long absence, but we are definitely still around! We recently realized that you opened up only a couple of years before Paul and I met, and he'd been going to it for quite sometime, dragging me in later after teaching me to fly fish. Good to see you are doing well!

I will keep the Forum going as long as I am here on earth.

Greg Vinci
11-15-2023, 06:48 PM
I and the staff at Kiene's very much appreciate the kind condolences we been receiving from our customers.
Our social media lives on as the Kiene's (Facebook) Group, and Facebook page are now under a different
domain name. Come on over and join. To get to the social media platforms go to the new fishing reports page www.californiaflyfishingreports.com and there will be links to Facebook and the Group page within the header.
Looking forward to seeing all of you over there. Greg Vinci

LeoCreek
11-19-2023, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear about the shop closing! I'm out of state, but still sad news.

Thanks for the board and all you've done, Bill!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-20-2023, 05:04 AM
Thanks Leo.......

One reality is that small business is a real tuff go today.