PDA

View Full Version : The Devil's River in Texas is one of the best experiences, to say nothing of the fish

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-18-2023, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5p1eKTtYw8

Tony Buzolich
11-11-2023, 11:34 AM
This kind of an old post that I just happened on to. A short while back my daughter and son-in-law moved to Austin Texas from Argentina. Neither had ever lived here before and I wanted to see where they had moved to. Well, let me tell you, Austin is another Silicon Valley that pops up out of nowhere. It's huge.

I flew down to check things out and the first thing I was surprised at was all the water and creeks and streams everywhere. Not an area I would ever expect to find good fishing. Like the video, there's lots of low growth trees and brush, but between all this stuff is water. Warm water obviously with good populations of black bass both large and smallmouth. There's all kinds of sunfish and even cichlids you'd expect to find in Central or South America.

I took my fly rod but only got to give my daughter a few casting lessons on her lawn. Maybe on another trip we'll get it wet in a creek.

Tony

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-11-2023, 12:24 PM
One of my past employees, Brett Humphries, used to live in Austin and could give you some local info.