PDA

View Full Version : Rucker Questions

Norcal_Flyfisherman
06-27-2023, 09:18 AM
Hello all,

I'm thinking about taking my 8 year old son to Fuller and Rucker tomorrow. I've never been to Rucker and the access information I've found is confusing. Is there a good place to put in a kayak? Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

TroutHunter10
06-27-2023, 10:01 AM
Hello all,

I'm thinking about taking my 8 year old son to Fuller and Rucker tomorrow. I've never been to Rucker and the access information I've found is confusing. Is there a good place to put in a kayak? Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Fuller has good access, Rucker less so. Last i was at Rucker, I caught small bass and saw a bunch of catfish, no trout. Fuller would be a better bet. Might want to check the stocking schedule.

McFish
06-27-2023, 05:51 PM
Since you posted in warmwater, I assume you wan to fish for bass. It has been several years since I was there, but the road was very rocky and pot holes. There is a NFS campground there, as well as the (Much nicer) LDS camp. I drove within 100 feet of a sand /rock beach on the north side. The fishing was fast, target submerged rocks. If the tug is the drug, Rucker was worth the effort.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-27-2023, 06:16 PM
I heard Rucker Lake was a good place to take the kids to catch lots of small bass.

Scott V
06-28-2023, 02:05 PM
I have caught monsters at Rucker's on top water. But usually smaller weird bass/sunfish hybrids. There is a place to launch from near the camp area.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-28-2023, 04:19 PM
Thanks Scott................

Woodman
06-29-2023, 09:20 AM
Fuller was supposed to be planted this week. My memory of Rucker is that the raod is rough but not terrible and there is not a place to pull right up to the water, so a short carry of the kayak. Let us know how it goes.