PDA

View Full Version : Last minute cancelation Sept dates

Brian Clemens
08-02-2022, 09:44 PM
Just had 2 dates open up in Sept to fish the Trinity River.

Dates are
Sept 11/12 fully open for up to 2 anglers
Swing or nymphing
Price is $600 per day, all gear flies food drinks 3rd party shuttle included
Beginners to experienced welcome

This is a rare opportunity for me to have any availability in Sept during the initial peak run of fall steelhead on the Trinity. Current conditions are great and fishing well. Water conditions are 58° out of Lewiston, 63 in Douglas city.

Hope to see you out there
Thanks
Brian
530 354 3740

fivefingers
08-11-2022, 05:39 PM
The Sept 13/14 swing day is a killer deal. If I didn't have to work (I'm seriously considering calling in sick so I can go) I'd have scooped up this up.

Peter S
08-11-2022, 06:47 PM
Brian, sent you a text regarding Sept 13-14.

Brian Clemens
08-11-2022, 08:01 PM
Thanks Peter.

So just an update Sept 11/12 are available 13/14 have been booked

I do have other dates available for the Trinity starting in Dec.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-12-2022, 06:59 AM
After you catch some fresh wild Steelhead in the Fall swinging a fly on a floating line you will not be using the indicators as much.

Veteran Steelhead guide Mike McCune told me that when swinging flies, on average, you catch "better" fish.

In the Fall when the water is not too warm or not too cold the fish will be more active and "move" for the fly.

Brian will work his butt off trying to give you a great experience plus you will learn how to fly fish for Steelhead.

Brian Clemens
08-12-2022, 11:44 AM
Thank you guys for those kind worse. Nothing better than dry lining for some early fall chrome. For me it's all about teaching the intricacies of swinging for steelhead (or trout)which will in turn produce more grabs year round, no matter the method.

fivefingers
08-12-2022, 08:51 PM
Thank you guys for those kind worse. Nothing better than dry lining for some early fall chrome. For me it's all about teaching the intricacies of swinging for steelhead (or trout)which will in turn produce more grabs year round, no matter the method.

Worst case scenario, you launch a fly into a tree, make Brian row across river to grab it using an oar, and nervously laugh as he fuddle-f***s about while you helplessly stare from across shore...

... not that I've ever done that.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-13-2022, 06:02 AM
So good 5F..........I could almost visualize this.

We always feel bad when we are casting to the mangrove shoreline in the tropics and get hooked up in the vegetation and our guide has

to stop and get it out for us. We call this "bushwhacking".

Brian Clemens
08-13-2022, 12:51 PM
You know me to well 5fingers, hmmm, you have been in the tree a few times with me. I keep telling you we aren't squirrel hunting and we don't have permits for those, but you keep bombin casts in um. Could be worse, you could cast like poo and not hit the trees. Lol.

Hey if the fly is catching fish and we aren't working a fish in the run, ya darn tootin I'm rowing over and getting it.