PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing California delta

Austin148
06-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Hey All

Oakley (east bay) resident here in search of someone to join striped bass trips on the delta in my Tracker skiff. I’m hoping to find someone with a drift boat who can show me the ropes catching trout. I’m a pretty easy going young dude and I’m getting tired of fishing out there by myself!

Ping me if interested.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Welcome to our forum Austin.

Sounds like a good plan......

fivefingers
06-03-2022, 08:41 PM
Sounds cool man. I don't have a drift boat, but I do have a two man raft that I use up here in NorCal. I can't make you a trout fisherman using a bobber, because I've pretty much sworn that type of fishing off. But if you know how to swing flies using your single hand rods, I can get you into fish that way.

johnabraham
08-19-2023, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone, This is John Abraham. I recently relocated to Delta Junction. I love to hunt fishing, but newbie to learn many things on this forums.

Sonoman
08-20-2023, 11:43 AM
I am interested as well. I have a drift boat (plus sons who are very good at rowing!). I fished the Delta for stripers years ago, but not in a while.

Bob

Mike Stephenson
08-23-2023, 10:08 AM
Hi Austin - I'd be interested in joining you on the delta though I can't reciprocate with drift boat trips. I have a skiff of my own and the idea of buddy boating is appealing. My boat has somewhat limited range and fishes well for one, two is a bit of a stretch in all but the calmest conditions.