PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on a '50s Hardy Perfect 4" in MINT condition.

Skyler76
04-18-2022, 01:13 PM
Hey there folks, wondering if someone could give me some sound advice on pricing my one of my hardy perfects. It's is absolutely mint and doubt it's ever been used. It's missing the original case. The actual year is subject to debate.

Mark Kranhold
04-18-2022, 02:30 PM
Call Jim Adams of Adams Angling. Jim’s a great man and has seen many of these. You could email pics to him. Beautiful reel by the way!!

http://www.adamsanglingbooks.com/

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2022, 02:41 PM
Bill Archuleta's Reel Works can fix up your old fly reels too.

He is now in Klamath Falls, Oregon.

https://www.archuletasreelworks.com/

That reel should be worth a lot of money.

hwchubb
04-18-2022, 05:13 PM
I saw you posted it on SpeyPages as well, there are lots of Hardy experts that that can better value that than I can. It is in incredible shape, is it really a pre-war Perfect? Looks like it’s got the ribbed brass foot, but the rest is so pristine that it almost makes it seem like a reproduction. Beautiful reel either way, and out of my explaining-it-to-my-wife range.

Skyler76
04-18-2022, 06:38 PM
Absolutely not a repro (unless it was repro'd a long long time ago). There's family history to it and others. It's been sitting in an attic for 30-40 years with a bunch of gear, wrapped in paper in a tea chest believe it or not. It was my fathers and he doesn't know where it came from but that's not saying much. He's got quite a few Hardys which he gave to me, I'm only interested in the one's he's used. The proceeds of the rest are going towards a Safari we're taking together.

hwchubb
04-18-2022, 10:01 PM
Oh, I’m not suggesting it’s a reproduction. Just that the condition is stunning for one that age. Good luck with it - I would think it should fetch four figures easily.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-19-2022, 05:52 AM
Where is you "Safari" taking place?

Mr T
04-19-2022, 07:21 AM
That is as pristine a perfect as I've seen in a long time- GLWS.

Skyler76
04-19-2022, 08:28 AM
Where is you "Safari" taking place?

South Africa, near Hoedspruit.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2022, 05:06 AM
South Africa, near Hoedspruit.

Any fishing planned? I know they have trips to South Africa for Tiger Fish that look like Striped Bass with big teeth.

**Paul Thick at Kiene's Fly Shop is from South Africa and has led several fishing trips there for Tiger Fish.

Bob G
04-20-2022, 06:42 PM
If interested, you could also post this question on the Classic Fly Rod Forum. Good Luck, Bob

Skyler76
05-16-2022, 09:03 PM
Any fishing planned? I know they have trips to South Africa for Tiger Fish that look like Striped Bass with big teeth.

**Paul Thick at Kiene's Fly Shop is from South Africa and has led several fishing trips there for Tiger Fish.

Yes, fishing for Cape Buffalo with a .416wt.

kevins
07-13-2022, 05:45 AM
To install the moment.js JavaScript package, we can now follow the npm instructions from their home page by entering the following command in the command line: https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development