PDA

View Full Version : Lost Oar on Feather River - high flow

scall
04-17-2022, 07:53 PM
I lost an oar on Saturday 4.16 on the high flow section of the feather river..ballpark about 1/4 mile up of the palm take out. Hoping that I get lucky and someone comes across it pushed up on the bank somewhere.

pictures attached of the remaining...

Thank you

Shaun

Brian Clemens
04-21-2022, 12:21 PM
Hey Shaun, been out a few times, but only in my Jet and with it running at 800cfs, Im really having to pay close attention to where I am running up and down there river. I have briefly looked in that area, but not thoroughly. I will be in my drift boat tomorrow and over the next few weeks and will pay a bit more attention to the river banks.

Here to hoping. But at the place you lost it, it shouldnt have gone far and the river has not raised or lowered anymore. Keeping them crossed that its hanging out down river in the slower water river left in the area where the eagles nest is. Nice thing though is if you are out at that ramp, you can walk straight across the river there as its super shallow and check that whole bank out.

scall
04-22-2022, 08:11 AM
Brian -

thank you for looking out. Lucked out that I wasn't too far from the ramp because yes I did walk myself and raft the rest of the way, not sure what i was thinking at the end of the day but i wasn't thinking to walk the ramp side of the river bank that day, that was a mistake!

-Shaun