PDA

View Full Version : Scott G903

ricards
03-18-2022, 11:12 AM
A little history: Back in the eighties, I was buying Scott G-series blanks and having rods custom-built for me. Of all the rods, the G903 (two-piece, nine-foot, 3-wt.) was my favorite. Extremely light and very fast, I used it exclusively on Fall River and Baum Lake. Then, I fell into a deal on a Sage XP 3-wt. that I couldn’t pass up, and I retired the Scott G903. It has been stored in my closet for the last twenty years or so. Now, it is time to pass it on to someone who is going to fish it.

Though not quite as crisp as my Sage XP, it is a close second and will put a grin on the face of any fly fisher looking for a spring creek stick that will effortlessly cast long leaders and fine tippets. When I had this rod built, I was more interested in form and function than cosmetics, so I specifically chose not to have the rod built with Scott appointments (as was the case with my other rods). Nevertheless, it is aesthetically pleasing with its dark-green wraps and walnut reel seat. There is a little wear and soiling on the cork handle, but the graphite, guides and such are all in remarkably good condition. In regards to the internal ferrule, the butt section and tip section seat as they should with the spigot gap between the two of about a quarter of inch.

I am asking $250.00 (plus the cost of shipping) for this rod. It will come with a rod sock and an aluminum tube. Additional photographs are available upon request. Thanks for looking.

ricards
03-28-2022, 09:20 AM
Price adjustment. The new price is $350.00.