PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Tip Section on Scott Rod

ricards
03-16-2022, 01:14 PM
In cleaning out my closet, I ran across the butt section to a Scott G-904 rod that was custom-built for me back in the eighties. The butt section is still in excellent condition, but the tip section was broken at some point, and I no longer have it. Scott will replace the tip for me, at my expense, of course, since it was not a factory-bought rod. I have been given a very reasonable quote, and I am inclined to send the butt section to them so that they can match up a new tip section. My question is this: Has anyone had any experience with Scott replacing a tip section on a G-series graphite rod? Do they do a pretty good job of matching and balancing the tip section to the butt section?

Also, I ran across a custom-built Scott G-903 that I will probably be posting on this forum this weekend. It is in remarkable condition, and I am thinking that $250.00 is probably a fair price?

Zepher
03-16-2022, 05:55 PM
Scott replaced a tip section for me. They know what they are doing. Anyone would have to be a Steve Rajeff to notice any differences.

Ed Wahl
03-16-2022, 07:46 PM
They did one for me years ago, also on a custom build. Did an excellent job.
Ed

ricards
03-17-2022, 10:14 AM
They did one for me years ago, also on a custom build. Did an excellent job.
Ed

Thanks, Ed and Zepher. I am going to go ahead with the tip replacement and start fishing the rod again.