PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Haul Boat for Sale

Jeff Putnam
01-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Just a quick post that I'm selling my custom aluminum tunnel haul boat built by the late Larry Westlake from Southern Oregon.

The boat is 12' 11" in length. Width is 6'.

Motor is a Honda 4 stroke prop- 20 Hp.

Trailer, boat length including motor are approximately 18' and fits in my two car garage.

This boat is perfect for valley rivers such as the American or similar. The tunnel haul design allows for shallow water navigation with a V bow that cuts through any surface chop. The flat bottom design rows like a light drift boat (oars included). Also included are 2 padded seats mounted on aluminum storage boxes. There is storage area under the front deck.

A new version of this boat would sell for over $15,500. I'm asking $10,500.

Please email me if interested. iflyfishtwo@gmail.com
(I've had issues with my email address so I've updated it, sorry for any inconvenience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCAwZ01d-6c

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-03-2022, 06:09 PM
This is a great boat........

ifsteve
01-07-2022, 02:19 PM
Gosh I don't know. Doesn't seem like a 13ft boat that is 6ft wide is gonna "haul" with only a 20 hp motor. Does it haul azz or does it haul several guys fat azzes?

Sorry couldn't resist. GLWS

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-08-2022, 05:32 AM
I road in it once with Jeff and I, seemed to go well.

I am sure Jeff would take you for a test drive.

It is a prefect 1 or 2 person boat.

The tunnel prop lets you run in rivers like the lower American, lower Yuba, lower Feather and lower Sacramento.

Nice for the Fall river.

Great for most lakes.

You can not get a boat like this anymore.

ifsteve
01-08-2022, 11:48 AM
I road in it once with Jeff and I, seemed to go well.

I am sure Jeff would take you for a test drive.

It is a prefect 1 or 2 person boat.

The tunnel prop lets you run in rivers like the lower American, lower Yuba, lower Feather and lower Sacramento.

Nice for the Fall river.

Great for most lakes.

You can not get a boat like this anymore.

Try reading my post a little bit closer....lol

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-09-2022, 06:22 AM
On the lower American river with all the homeless we try to keep in under 100 miles per hour.

One early morning in September about 50 years ago we were at Lobster Creek riffle on the lower Rogue river.

I heard the noise of a very loud, powerful sounding motor of a boat coming up the river.

Right away I thought they were having jet boat races that day?

I sounded and felt like a blown fuel dragster was coming up to us.

As it reached the riffle the boat started to slow down a bit.

Too my surprise there was two older anglers with snow white hair sitting side by side in this smaller welded aluminum jet boat.

It was quieter while they we setting up to turn right to go up this short riffle.

Then they lite that thing up again and jumped the riffle, turned left and screamed up the river making lot of noise again.

All I could think was I hoped I could do that some day myself, getting up that river with that speed.

Those were pretty cool old dudes.........from the Greatest Generation.