PDA

View Full Version : New video on my leader updates (float n fly)

Ryan
08-04-2021, 09:31 AM
Not exactly the time of year for the float n fly, but I have had some time off recently to get this video made. It's one I've been meaning to do for a little while now.

Got leader charts at the end. And I made this one to be kind of entertaining to all. So it should be a fun watch wether interested in the nitty gritty details on the leaders or not. Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/18-GdNb3szY

EDIT: A common question I get is why so many snaps and swivels? So I will list the purposes... There is a method to my madness!
Starting at butt section...

Snap Swivel #1: This is a new one I've added, helps reduce twists in fly line drastically when throwing the pencil bobbers.
Snap #2: This allows me to quickly interchange different leaders for different depths. Butt section above indicator remains the same on all.
Barrel Swivel #3: Allows strong knot from thick 20lb tippet to thin 1x. The small 6" piece of thicker line helps prevent tangles right at the indicator. And when one does tangle on the indicator (most typical spot) you can cut the line and retie. Much quicker to cut and redo at times.
Tippet Ring #4: Just a nice addition to cut and add fresh tippet. The leader should never break above the tippet ring. Designed to always break right below it.

Mr T
08-04-2021, 05:29 PM
good stuff- thank you!

Quinnphoto
08-04-2021, 06:35 PM
good stuff- thank you!

Thanks Ryan. I can see some advantages with your system.

Ryan
08-04-2021, 07:49 PM
Glad I could help Mr T and Quinnphoto!

mike borba
08-09-2021, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the info. Caught my largest bass from our community lake this year using the float and fly technique.