PDA

View Full Version : Rare Fenwick glass rod

Lee Haskin
06-09-2021, 10:42 AM
I have a rare, 4 pc., 6 wt., 7', Fenwick glass rod, for sale. A perfect pack rod, in very good condition!

$160 plus shipping

Lee

Lee's Fly Specialties
lee@gurglersonline.com

Jay Murakoshi
06-09-2021, 07:55 PM
I had the same rod in a 5 wt. I traded a guy for a Loomis GLX CrossCurrent 9' 8wt. A big mistake.

That's all I fish with when doing trout, carp, blue gill and use the 7wt for bass.

I want to take my 9 wt glass to Baja and try it out on some Roosters or Dorado. I'll bet they can bend the rod all the way to the cork.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-10-2021, 06:51 AM
That is a very rare model.......in my 50 years in the tackle business I never saw one.

I would case it with a WF5F and a WF6F to see what feels best.

The "Spin/Fly" Fenwick SF74-4 was a huge seller.

It was a "Combo" spinning or fly rod and a 4 piece pack rod.

7' in 4 pieces, 3# to 6# mono and #6 fly line size.

It made a better spinning pack rod than a fly pack rod.

https://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3481

Bob G
06-10-2021, 09:10 AM
Lee - If not sold here, that Fenwick Rod Model is revered on the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum, and you might try that site. Good Luck!

Jay Murakoshi
06-11-2021, 11:11 AM
A guy brought one in the store last week to show me and asked me if it was any good. I hadn't seen one of those in years. My collection of Fenwick Feralite is larger as of today. Just picked up 5 more.
So now the question is from my wife "what the heck am I going to do with all those rods, reels and fly tying materials when you die"
I hope I don't die soon I have to get some play time out of all these toys. :-)

PV_Premier
06-14-2021, 01:07 PM
I have been fishing a 5wt modern Epic glass rod with smaller streamers lately, it's a hoot. I need to up-gauge to a 6wt because I don't have quite enough hooksetting power with the 5wt and I want to be able to throw some bigger flies.

Rossflyguy
06-15-2021, 07:26 AM
I’ve got a Sage SFL 8’6” 6wt glass rod. Been trying to collect the Sage glass rods. Missed out on a 9wt and 7wt. Gonna have have to use it up in the sierras at some point.