PDA

View Full Version : Reels reels reels (Abel, pate, Bauer, redington)

Flyguy88
06-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Redington AS (standard arbor) 9/10 fly fishing reel. Reel has been used, but is in good shape.

Reel is spooled with backing and cortland 333+ wf10f rocket taper floating line.

Two Redington AS (standard arbor) 9/10 spare spools. It is spooled with backing and scientific anglers wf8f floating line.

A plastic baggy with tools and a few spare parts is included. The spring looks pretty bent up, so probably best to replace that if you need one.

$200 local pickup. $230 goods and services shipped conus.

Redington AS (standard arbor) 9/10wt fly reel and spare spool. Reel is loaded with backing and a Rio WF9F Clouser floating line. The spare spool is loaded with backing and a Cortland 333HT 8wt intermediate salt water line.

Both reel and spool have been used and have some nicks, dings, rash, etc. the spool has a few small engravings on the inside. The lines may have a few dings, I haven’t inspected them, but should be serviceable for a while. At a minimum I’d change the backing. Lines and backing should be considered a bonus though.

$175 local pickup. $200 goods and services shipped conus.

Redington AL (large arbor) 7/8wt fly reel. Spooled with backing and Scientific Anglers WF7F floating line. Has a 14’ intermediate sink tip. Reel is used, but in good shape. Has a few small nicks, dings, etc. I have not inspected the line closely and it could have some wear. It is still serviceable and should provide several good seasons. Line and backing should be considered a bonus and at a minimum I’d replace the backing. Tool and spare parts included.

$130 local pickup. $150 goods and services conus.

Billy pate tarpon fly reel by T. Juracsik. Measures 3.75” in diameter. Comes with backing and fly line. Not sure exactly which fly line is on here, but appears to be in good shape. There are a few scrapes here and there and a few spots on the reel foot. Functions as it should. Currently set up for right hand wind (rhw). Stored with drag off. If you need more photos or additional information, feel free to ask.

I previously had this listed elsewhere and a gentleman asked if it was in fact a tarpon because it looked small. Based off measurements and referencing Tibor’s website, I’m pretty sure. I included photos with other reels for reference.

$400 local. $435 pp goods and services shipped conus.

Abel 3N AR (anti reverse) and spare spool with backing and fly lines. Reel is set as right hand wind (rhw). The spare spool is in excellent shape and has seen very little use. I believe the sticker is accurate and that it is spooled with Rio deep sea 600 grain. The reel is in good shape, with a few blemishes and small nicks and scuffs. It is very hard to get good pictures of the reel and spool because of the glossy black color. I am unsure as to what line is on the reel. Both fly lines appear to be in good shape, but should be considered a bonus. At a minimum, I recommend replacing the backing. One reel pouch is included as pictured. If you need any additional pictures or information, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Retail on the reel and spool was $910 + tax. Tack on backing and fly lines and all the taxes and this is easily $1100+ after tax.

$650 local. $690 pp goods and services shipped conus.

Islander IR2 fly reel with custom green color. It comes with backing, a neoprene pouch, and a Rio Trout LT DT 4wt fly line. The reel, backing and fly line have been used. The reel has a few small blemishes on the reel frame, spool, and drag adjustment knob. They are hard to see and harder to photograph. The Rio fly line has been cut in half, which enabled me to fit more backing on smaller reels. There is no reason why you should need 90ft of fly line if you are fishing a creek anyways. The line is in solid shape and may have a few minor signs of use, but should fish well for several seasons.

This reel utilizes a click and pawl drag system and is a real joy to fish. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Islander reels are built in Canada and the fit and finish are top notch. The tolerances are exceptional.

$325 local. $350 PayPal goods and services shipped conus.

Bauer mz4 fly reel and spare spool. One spool is gold and other is gray (looks silver). Comes with boxes, reel pouches, and a blank warranty card. Gold spool has backing and airflo mono running line. The gray spool has backing. Gold spool is in excellent condition and does not have dings, gouges, and deep scratches. The black reel frame has a few light scuffs on the drag knob and one scuff on the frame lip (edge). A few marks on reel foot from mounting.

Everything functions flawlessly and reel has always been stored with the drag turned all the way down.

$400 local pickup. $430 PayPal goods and services shipped conus.

Located in Bonney Lake, WA.

I guess I will say all prices are OBO, but full offer gets it.

I can not seem to figure out how to upload photos from anywhere. If you would like to see any photos please send me a message and I can give you my phone number or email address.

Lance Gray
06-06-2021, 02:10 PM
I sent you a pm.