PDA

View Full Version : Euro Nymphing the South Fork American

geod
05-23-2021, 11:01 PM
I'm a recent ESN convert and have been slowly dialing in my technique and setup. I got skunked at Bridal Veil Picnic Area last week and I had to redeem myself today. I stopped by Kiene's for #14 and #12 prince and bead head prince nymphs and hit the road. I parked just east of Sand Flat Campground and was on the water by 4:30 PM. 10 casts with a tandem rig on a little inside seam close to the bank and I caught a 6" bow. Hooked another 3 in the next 15 minutes, all about the same size. I couldn't believe where the fish were holding and how many there were. ESN continues to impress me with it's effectiveness. All in all, today was a success and a beautiful day to be out.

17063 17064

PV_Premier
05-24-2021, 02:40 PM
I couldn't believe where the fish were holding and how many there were. ESN continues to impress me with it's effectiveness. All in all, today was a success and a beautiful day to be out.

indeed, it's a way to really put up numbers! pretty darn effective on most of the pocket water streams all over the west.

Lucas Dement
05-24-2021, 09:14 PM
I was at the Silver Fork a few weeks ago and didnt catch a thing all day long. Nice to see someone is catching something :rolleyes: