PDA

View Full Version : Good report on Dan Blanton's message board on the East Cape of Baja, MX.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-24-2021, 08:32 PM
http://www.danblanton.com/viewmessage.php?id=216979

I have heard from veterans that May/June is Rooster time on the Cape.

Loreto for Dorado and billfish is a little later......July/Aug?

This sounds like a good year to go down there.

Jay Murakoshi
04-25-2021, 11:54 AM
They are getting into some medium to large size roosters right now in the Las Arenas area. Also still catching a few yellow tail and some Jacks ( toro ). The dorado should start showing up along with the yellow fin and wahoo. I'm leaving in a couple weeks to do battle with the Pez gallo's and hopefully yellow fin.

Carl Blackledge
04-25-2021, 05:34 PM
Bill.

It's true about the East cape. Gary Bulla emailed me two days ago and told me just about what you reported.

I also have a guide report from Loreto, Sargasso is everywhere, Bait is found in every cove including the marina a few Bill fish have been spotted, Loreto is also looking forward to lots of hot weather this year.

I don't sell trips however if anybody is interested in joining our group just send me an email I will be there for 6 weeks so you can always lean on me for information, The Oasis hotel has plenty of rooms and we also have lots of guides, I would be happy to point you into the right direction. I do sell all the Mexico "hot flies" including the Air heads in almost any color and size.

Carl Blackledge