PDA

View Full Version : We went over to Lake Berryessa today........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-22-2021, 09:11 PM
Past employee of Kiene's Fly Shop Eugene Graham, his wife Charity and I went to Lake Berryessa today.

$20 to launch at Markley Cove Marina which was burnt down a few years back...seniors are $15 to launch.

We probably had about a dozen fish on and landed maybe 6. We got a very late start but still have a fun day.

It is a very large lake with steep sides and there were dozen fo other boats scattered around.

The lake is so big it never felt crowded. We caught LMB, SMB and Spotted bass.

John H
04-22-2021, 10:09 PM
Those are some nice fish.

I was there the day before. The fly fishing bite seems to be tapering off. When the sun got high in the sky they left the shallows for deeper water. We could not get a grab after about noon. It is supposed to be cloudy and cool Monday. I am hoping that will liven up the bite.

Tony Buzolich
04-22-2021, 11:01 PM
Bill,

Is this your new boat? How's it working out for you?
Tony

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-23-2021, 04:40 PM
Bill,

Is this your new boat? How's it working out for you?
Tony

It is almost finished.....needs a little more work but fishinges good.

Borrowed a tiller electric from Andy......have to get an a Minn Kota iPilot for the bow.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-23-2021, 04:52 PM
Those are some nice fish.

I was there the day before. The fly fishing bite seems to be tapering off. When the sun got high in the sky they left the shallows for deeper water. We could not get a grab after about noon. It is supposed to be cloudy and cool Monday. I am hoping that will liven up the bite.

We got a late start so we did not use the fly gear this time, mostly light spinning gear deep with soft plastics.

Fair slow all day but it picked up around 4:00 pm when we went home.