PDA

View Full Version : With a gray beard, ball cap and sunglasses on we all look about the same?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-30-2021, 05:04 PM
Who is this old guy?

Mark Kranhold
03-31-2021, 09:37 AM
I know that guy! What a great guy and boy can he sure chuck a line:cool: My gray started rolling in around 45 when I started wearing a beard. I don’t mind the color at all, I’m distinguished ;)

Tony Buzolich
03-31-2021, 06:17 PM
You forgot to mention having a beer belly :)
Tony

mike borba
03-31-2021, 09:20 PM
Who is this old guy?

I don't have a beard because if I did the neighborhood kids would ask me for presents.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2021, 06:24 AM
This is our own Jeff Putnam who started hanging around our fly shop when he was maybe 12 years old?

http://www.jpflyfishing.com/

* When Jeff was maybe 16/17 he went with a group of guys from the Kiene's on one of our annual trips to the famous Green River.

A drift boat guide with clients from one of the big famous lodges near by noticed how well Jeff was doing.

Jeff was pretty tall at that age and a very good fly fisher too. The guide offered Jeff a job for the next summer.

This pretty much started Jeff off into a life of fly fishing..............

Jeff Putnam
04-01-2021, 09:40 AM
As most would probably say... where did the time go? One thing is for sure... they dont make mirrors the way they used to.

Thanks to Bill Kiene for taking time to talk to a kid with a severe fishing addiction. Working for Bill was like working for my dad. I thoroughly enjoyed the fly shop vibe and thank Bill for the incredible opportunity. In fact, I thank all the mentors that have contributed to my education in fly fishing.

Thanks to Al Perryman for the angling experience and picture. (Watch Rivers of a Lost Coast to understand Al's history... he can catch fish from a mud puddle). I am lucky to know him.

Currently, I am teaching fly fishing in Southern OR and Northern CA while working on my own line of custom spey rods set to release mid-April. I will be guiding the Rogue River during the fall. Hope to see everyone on the water soon! -JP

Larry S
04-01-2021, 03:34 PM
Jeff offers some of the best fly fishing instruction videos to be found.

Best to all,
Larry S
Sun Diego

Jeff Putnam
04-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Thank you Larry for the nice comment. I recently stopped distribution of my videos as my business partners health issues have made it impossible for us to continue. I plan on adding more short instructional videos to my youtube channel (Jeff Putnam's Fly Fishing Schools) by late summer or early fall. Take care, -JP

Charlie S
04-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Good luck on your new endeavor Jeff. I’ll be in Oklahoma learning to fish again.

Mark Kranhold
04-17-2021, 09:28 PM
As most would probably say... where did the time go? One thing is for sure... they dont make mirrors the way they used to.

Thanks to Bill Kiene for taking time to talk to a kid with a severe fishing addiction. Working for Bill was like working for my dad. I thoroughly enjoyed the fly shop vibe and thank Bill for the incredible opportunity. In fact, I thank all the mentors that have contributed to my education in fly fishing.

Thanks to Al Perryman for the angling experience and picture. (Watch Rivers of a Lost Coast to understand Al's history... he can catch fish from a mud puddle). I am lucky to know him.

Currently, I am teaching fly fishing in Southern OR and Northern CA while working on my own line of custom spey rods set to release mid-April. I will be guiding the Rogue River during the fall. Hope to see everyone on the water soon! -JP
Thank you Jeff for your time on the river! I had the chance to meet Jeff last week to cast his spey rods he’s developed.... holy s..t! I have never casted anything like this with with all the new graphite/ graphene rods out there. I got to cast the 1266, 1307 & 1368, he is working on the 3wt and up to fill the gap. The freakin line just sails off the tip of these rods! Nothing compares to these rods, Sage, Winston, Loomis, etc... watch out! I’m still in awe! I just went to pro class after casting these!

Charlie Gonzales
04-23-2021, 09:36 AM
Looking good Jeff! Happy to hear of your continued success.