PDA

View Full Version : Last minute Cancelation for Lower Sac next week

Brian Clemens
03-19-2021, 10:15 AM
I just had 1 seat open up for a 4 boat float next week on the Lower Sac.

Dates are
March 24th booked
March 25th still available

The rate is 275 per day.

The fishing has been really good over these past few weeks and the weather is looking to be perfect.

Guides that will be on this 4 boat float will be:
Myself, Ernie Denison, Shane Kohlbeck and Steve Fry

If you are interested please contact me asap.
Payment will go to the original angler that is unable to go via PayPal.

Thank you in advance
Brian
530 354 3740
Norcalflyguides@gmail.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-19-2021, 10:39 AM
March/April/May is prime time on the Lower Sacramento river for big wild Rainbow trout.

Brian Clemens
03-19-2021, 11:34 AM
Bill, yes it is, bugs are out and the big fish are on the chow

Sonoman
03-19-2021, 12:34 PM
Is the sucker spawn going? It is a strange spring...3500 CFS still, about half of normal! How is the water in the riffle just above the country club? Can you slide a boat through or do you have to get out and walk it down? At 3200 I was walking mine down.

Two years ago it was 33000 CFS and we were fishing in back-yards and homeless camps

Woodman
03-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Damn. Only one thing I can't get off my calendar on the 25th.

Brian Clemens
03-19-2021, 05:29 PM
Sonoman, ya she's pretty skinny and we are seeing the start of the sucker spawn. There aren't any places that I need to walk my boat down. I think you are talking about Windham (spelling?) Riffle. In higher water you can go far left or far right, the middle is a nasty rapid. At these flows I go to the far right. 4yrs ago it was 92k, but yes fishing back water, back yards all that stuff.

Sorry woodman. Let me talk to my client and see what he says.

Woodman
03-19-2021, 05:37 PM
Sonoman, ya she's pretty skinny and we are seeing the start of the sucker spawn. There aren't any places that I need to walk my boat down. I think you are talking about Windham (spelling?) Riffle. In higher water you can go far left or far right, the middle is a nasty rapid. At these flows I go to the far right. 4yrs ago it was 92k, but yes fishing back water, back yards all that stuff.

Sorry woodman. Let me talk to my client and see what he says.

I'll definitely take 24th if you can't book both together.

Brian Clemens
03-19-2021, 08:08 PM
Pm-d you woodman. Shoot me a text or email when you are available so we can chat.

Brian Clemens
03-20-2021, 09:01 AM
Trip Update

The 24th is now booked, the 25th is now open.

If interested contact me asap.
Thanks

Sonoman
03-20-2021, 11:15 AM
Hi Brian,
Thanks for the update. Digging out my ancient Streamtime map it calls the riffle above the golf course "Rother Riffle" but I am sure other names apply as well...it is the one just below the backyards as you hit the top of the golf course. There is an island and yes, you can go left or right in higher water. Looking at Google Maps satellite view there is a tongue just right of the island and the water right next to the shore on the far right looks deeper. I'll try the far right when I get up there in a couple weeks. At 3200CFS in January I walked my boat down the tongue just to the right of the island because the water was too skinny for oars.

tight lines

Brian Clemens
03-23-2021, 03:44 PM
Sonoman
They have a few different names out there, but we are talking about the same Riffle. Top of the golf course tail end of the big long flat water below cypress.

Still have Thursday open if anyone is interested