PDA

View Full Version : Spey Casting Clinic

Brian Clemens
02-22-2021, 06:22 PM
I will be offering several beginner/novice spey casting clinics starting in May.

In this 4hr clinic you will learn the basics of spey casting and the art of swinging a fly, it's all about fundamentals and better mechanics for those beginning and intermediate casters. It will take place on the Yuba River with my jet boat and during the shad run. This will allow you to not only learn how to cast and swing, but build your confidence in getting the grab. There is a minimum of 3 anglers and maximum of 4. I will offer 2 clinics per day, morning and afternoon. Price is $175 per angler, all equipment can be provided, you will need a CA fishing license.
Dates are: May 8th, 29th June 12th, 26th either morning or afternoon slots

For those interested please contact me at
Norcalflyguides@gmail.com
530 354 3740

I look forward to swinging with you soon

As dates slots and times fill up, I will update this posting

Brian Clemens
02-24-2021, 10:57 PM
Post Update

May 8th
Morning All Full
Afternoon 1 spot remains

May 29th
Morning All Full
Afternoon All Full

June 12th
Morning All Full
Afternoon All Full

June 26th
Morning 4 spots remain
Afternoon 4 spots remain

TempLarz
02-27-2021, 09:50 AM
I'd like to know, are there any meetings in August?

Brian Clemens
02-27-2021, 08:10 PM
As of right now I don't have anything planned for August, just May and June during shad season. However I would be open to doing one if you have 3 to 4 anglers interested.

Brian Clemens
03-18-2021, 08:48 PM
Still have a few slots open for those beginners and novice looking to improve their casting stroke with a 2 hander and their swing game.

Brian Clemens
04-14-2021, 03:44 PM
All clinics are filled up.

I'll be offering these clinics throughout the year, so if you are interested keep an eye open

Brian Clemens
04-16-2021, 09:26 AM
Well just had a huge cancellation for a class or possible full day guided trip.

The date is May 29th
Spey clinic 4 spots open
May 29th afternoon session
3 anglers minimum 4 anglers max

Or
Full day guided trip afternoon till dusk

This will take place on the Yuba River during the shad run

If you are interested please contact me asap
Thanks
Brian
530 354 3740
Norcalflyguides@gmail.com

Jcolin
04-28-2021, 08:58 PM
Man i really wish i found something like what you’re doing Brian when i was first getting into swinging and casting a 2 handed rod. I struggled a lot trying to figure it out on the river after watching youtube videos for 2 steelhead seasons, then finally took a lesson and learned way more in just a few hours than all the time on the water combined.