PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake 1-9-21

Pvillarr
01-09-2021, 07:14 AM
Currently waiting to be able to legally fish...will update the post later.

Mr T
01-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Get some!

No fishing for me this weekend so living vicariously

BS
01-09-2021, 11:03 AM
Currently waiting to be able to legally fish...will update the post later.

Well Peter.................................

If you REALLY want to rub it in...........................

Why don't you "live stream" video so we/I can watch you fish !!!! :p:p:p

Wish I was there with you spanking 'em. :mad::mad:

Get 'em good today. :cool::cool::cool:

Curious to see how you do with this blue bird day too. :confused::confused:

Bob

Pvillarr
01-09-2021, 10:38 PM
Well Peter.................................

If you REALLY want to rub it in...........................

Why don't you "live stream" video so we/I can watch you fish !!!! :p:p:p

Wish I was there with you spanking 'em. :mad::mad:

Get 'em good today. :cool::cool::cool:

Curious to see how you do with this blue bird day too. :confused::confused:

Bob

Thanks Mr. T.

Ok Bob, so the Blue Bird Day won today unfortunately. When I checked the weather yesterday, it stated today was going to be cloudy but there wasn’t a cloud in sight today. Grrrrrrr

It was “rat city” for us off of Olive Balanced Leeches. The day was down-right weird. The rats were even subtle with their hits/takes. I didn’t see anyone land a double digit fish today where I was at. I heard some of the boats did good but that was it.

Oh well....days like this make the better ones even sweeter. Until next time

Quinnphoto
01-10-2021, 11:10 AM
Thanks Mr. T.

Ok Bob, so the Blue Bird Day won today unfortunately. When I checked the weather yesterday, it stated today was going to be cloudy but there wasn’t a cloud in sight today. Grrrrrrr

It was “rat city” for us off of Olive Balanced Leeches. The day was down-right weird. The rats were even subtle with their hits/takes. I didn’t see anyone land a double digit fish today where I was at. I heard some of the boats did good but that was it.

Oh well....days like this make the better ones even sweeter. Until next time

A tug or dunk is a victory at Pyramid. Nice weather and fish to hand=a great experience. Thanks for reporting Peter :)

Pvillarr
01-10-2021, 09:56 PM
A tug or dunk is a victory at Pyramid. Nice weather and fish to hand=a great experience. Thanks for reporting Peter :)

Good point Bill.

I did get some time in with my new favorite line setup. I have been using the OPST 300 grain Commando Smooth line with a Rio 15’ Replacement floating tip with my indicator setup. The running line is extremely thin and the line soars even though it has less grains than the #6 Rio Chucker equivalent. The only downside to the OPST Commando Smooth line is that 300 grains (#8 single hand/#6 switch/#5 spey) is the max of their integrated line series.

It is always fun to try a new gear setup or a new fly and have success!