PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Report 01/06/2021

BS
01-06-2021, 08:45 PM
Yowza , yowza, yowza.....................

The sun, moon, and stars aligned for me today and I made the trip to Pyramid.

I was so excited last night, I went to bed @ 6:00 p.m.. :D

November and December was REALLY BAD for me, but alas, today it was finally MY turn to kick some butt !!! :p

Blasted off from home @ 8:15 at a nice balmy 22 degrees. :rolleyes:

Pit stopped in Spanish Springs and arrived at the lake right around 9:30.

I was greeted by pals Carmen and Jimmy.
Man........it was good to see them both...........it's been about 10 months since we last "rubbed elbows".
We exchanged pleasantries and quizzed each other, then decided I should stop flapping my gums and suit up and start fishing !!!!!!! :o

In the water just before 10:00 with my SR, 'cator, and midge/balanced leech combo.
Within 10 minutes I hooked and landed my first fish.
It was a rat, but I could have cared less if it was a mouse.:p:p
Ten months of absence from the 'mid and I'll take anything !!! ;);)

I tried stripping for a while with no results and changed back to the 'cator.

The "bite" was really sporadic and seemed to come in waves..............schools of fish cruising the shoreline. :confused::confused:

I stuck it out till 4:15 or so and decided to make it through Reno before the 5 o'clock rush hour.

So, my total for the day was 4 for 8.
The three other fish that I landed were "significantly larger than rats", but not more than 8-10 lbs. :rolleyes:

So, I'm happy that I caught some fish, saw my Pals, and shared my day with them too. :cool::cool:

The only downside is I'm suffering from finger cramps as I write this....................:mad::mad:

For the ride home tonight, my small thermos filled with Dinty Moore Beef Stew with the appropriate seasoning and a couple of power waters. :cool::cool::cool:
For some reason the Beef Stew tasted better tonight than it ever has.................................:confused::con fused:

Dang Cutthroats........................................ ......

Bob

Pvillarr
01-06-2021, 09:13 PM

November and December was REALLY BAD for me, but alas, today it was finally MY turn to kick some butt !!! :p

Man........it was good to see them both...........it's been about 10 months since we last "rubbed elbows".
We exchanged pleasantries and quizzed each other, then decided I should stop flapping my gums and suit up and start fishing !!!!!!! :o

In the water just before 10:00 with my SR, 'cator, and midge/balanced leech combo.
Ten months of absence from the 'mid and I'll take any thing !!! ;);)

The "bite" was really sporadic and seemed to come in waves..............schools of fish cruising the shoreline. :confused::confused:

I stuck it out till 4:15 or so and decided to make it through Reno before the 5 o'clock rush hour.

The three other fish fish that I landed were "significantly larger than rats", but not more than 8-10 lbs. :rolleyes:

So, I'm happy that I caught some fish, saw my Pals, and shared my day with them too. :cool::cool:

The only downside is I'm suffering from finger cramps as I write this....................:mad::mad:

For the ride home tonight, my small thermos filled with Dinty Moore Beef Stew with the appropriate seasoning and a couple of power waters. :cool::cool::cool:
For some reason the Beef Stew tasted better tonight than it ever has.................................:confused::con fused:

Bob

Good for you Bob! It sounds like a trip well due...I am also thankful you left some fish for the rest of us LOL.

So we’re your fish were on the midge or leech?

steveg137
01-06-2021, 09:23 PM
Love your reports Bob and great to read about your success

I plan to get up in feb for first visit

BS
01-06-2021, 09:26 PM
So were your fish on the midge or leech?

One fish on the Midge, three on the Balanced Leech, the other 3 misses and LDR.......unknown. :confused::confused:

Of course I left some fish for the rest of you. :cool::cool::cool:

It's just that four of them (including the LDR) are pizzed off that I pierced their lips. ;);)

Bob

Pvillarr
01-06-2021, 09:29 PM
One fish on the Midge, three on the Balanced Leech, the other 3 misses and LDR.......unknown. :confused::confused:

Of course I left some fish for the rest of you. :cool::cool::cool:

It's just that four of them (including the LDR) are pizzed off that I pierced their lips. ;);)

Bob

Free lip piercings lol

BS
01-06-2021, 09:33 PM
Love your reports Bob and great to read about your success

I plan to get up in feb for first visit

Steve,

Haven't seen or heard much from you in the last.........year or so. :confused::confused:

IIRC you were planning to fish Pyramid then "all hell broke loose with the Covid Crap."

Good to see you posting again !!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Let us know when and how your Pyramid trip was/is. ;);)

Bob

Quinnphoto
01-06-2021, 09:48 PM

Ten months of absence from the 'mid and I'll take any thing !!! ;);)

The three other fish fish that I landed were "significantly larger than rats", but not more than 8-10 lbs. :rolleyes:

Bob
Reading your first post since last March was better than going myself. Great to see you feeling well enough to go out again. Us boys missed you. Not a bad day to bring that many to hand deep into the winter.

BS
01-06-2021, 10:04 PM
Reading your first post since last March was better than going myself. Great to see you feeling well enough to go out again. Us boys missed you. Not a bad day to bring that many to hand deep into the winter.

Thank you Bill. :cool::cool:

I wanted to get this posted for you since you're going tomorrow ???? :confused::confused:

And this boy missed all you guys too. ;);)

Ain't nothing like standing in freezing water with a group of friends at Pyramid. :cool::cool::cool:

Bob

Quinnphoto
01-06-2021, 10:23 PM
I appreciate the the intel Bob. I am armed with four poles and ready to go :) I give you a report tomorrow night.

BS
01-06-2021, 10:54 PM
I appreciate the the intel Bob. I am armed with four poles and ready to go :) I give you a report tomorrow night.

That's the way to do it !!!!!!! ;););)

Go prepared so you don't have to change flies !!! :cool::cool::cool:

Good luck to you and Get 'em Bill !!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Bob

Bkane
01-07-2021, 12:02 AM
Has the price influenced how much you fish there? Does it seem less crowded?

Katz
01-07-2021, 09:26 AM
So happy you are back on the water! Congrats on a successful day! Katz

BS
01-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Has the price influenced how much you fish there? Does it seem less crowded?

"Has the price influenced how much you fish there?"
Yes, for me, absolutely.
I'll probably only fish the lake once or twice a month vs (last year) weekly.

"Does it seem less crowded?"
Yesterday DID appear to be less crowded..............keeping in mind yesterday was a weekday though.
Sandhole and Indian Head, from what I could see/tell, had only a few to five anglers each.

Bob

Pvillarr
01-07-2021, 11:37 AM
"Has the price influenced how much you fish there?"
Yes, for me, absolutely.
I'll probably only fish the lake once or twice a month vs (last year) weekly.

"Does it seem less crowded?"
Yesterday DID appear to be less crowded..............keeping in mind yesterday was a weekday though.
Sandhole and Indian Head, from what I could see/tell, had only a few to five anglers each.

Bob

I think popularity of a location is also dependent if word gets out of a hotspot :/

steveg137
01-07-2021, 09:43 PM
That's right Bob. Will def post when I make it up there.

Was lucky enough to have 3 months up in Idaho this summer, lots of time on silver creek, big wood, the lost etc. plan to get back in the spring or summer for a few weeks while we work remotely

Even got some nice cutts albeit not the shark sized ones you guys tangle with at the lake.

Quinnphoto
01-07-2021, 09:48 PM
That's the way to do it !!!!!!! ;););)

Go prepared so you don't have to change flies !!! :cool::cool::cool:

Good luck to you and Get 'em Bill !!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Bob

Well Bob used the indicator all day. Caught one with a midge and four on peacock balanced leech. All around 10' below the indicator.
Four of them were smallish compared to my 15lber :) Had a nice guy with a digital scale weigh the grand prize of the day.

BS
01-07-2021, 10:11 PM

Well Bob used the indicator all day. Caught one with a midge and four on peacock balanced leech. All around 10' below the indicator.
Four of them were smallish compared to my 15lber :) Had a nice guy with a digital scale weigh the grand prize of the day.

Good job there Bill. :cool::cool::cool:

As you said, "Not a bad day in the deep of winter". :cool::cool::cool:

I know you're tired, but, did you land a 15lber today ????
The sentence "Four of them were smallish compared to my 15lber" seems to infer that. :confused::confused:

Get some sleep Bill.
I know you had a long day today. :)

Bob

Pvillarr
01-07-2021, 10:14 PM

That’s a great day. Pyramid lake is addicting!!!

Quinnphoto
01-07-2021, 10:16 PM
Good job there Bill. :cool::cool::cool:

As you said, "Not a bad day in the depth of winter". :cool::cool::cool:

I know you're tired, but, did you land a 15lber today ????
The sentence "Four of them were smallish compared to my 15lber" seems to infer that. :confused::confused:

Get some sleep Bill.
I know you had a long day today. :)

Bob

Well adrenaline is still working :) Yes caught it today

Quinnphoto
01-07-2021, 10:22 PM
That’s a great day. Pyramid lake is addicting!!!

It certainly is. Warning don’t try this at home��

BS
01-07-2021, 10:32 PM
Well adrenaline is still working :) Yes caught it today

Right on Bill, Right on !!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Some day you'll have to teach me how to get one of those "Big Boys". :o:o:o

Once again, good job today. :cool::cool:

You've got my Pyramid fire stoked up again. :p:p:p:p

Bob

Quinnphoto
01-08-2021, 07:21 AM
Right on Bill, Right on !!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Some day you'll have to teach me how to get one of those "Big Boys". :o:o:o

Once again, good job today. :cool::cool:

You've got my Pyramid fire stoked up again. :p:p:p:

Bob

My only secret to getting a big boy Bob, is time on the water as you already know and a little luck. Are you going next week?

BS
01-09-2021, 01:35 PM
Are you going next week?

Hummmm............................................ ...:confused::confused:

Clear sunny skies and warmer temperatures predicted ................................

The moon phase won't be a factor .............................................

Are you thinking about another trip over the hill next week ?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could EASILY be persuaded to go next week. ;););)

Bob

Quinnphoto
01-09-2021, 07:50 PM
Hummmm............................................ ...:confused::confused:

Clear sunny skies and warmer temperatures predicted ................................

The moon phase won't be a factor .............................................

Are you thinking about another trip over the hill next week ?????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could EASILY be persuaded to go next week. ;););)

Bob

Thinking about Thursday :)

BS
01-12-2021, 09:14 AM
Thinking about Thursday :)

Check your P/M's Bill