PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Dec. 19

Scott V
12-23-2020, 11:58 AM
Still haven't got my double digit trout yet, but I'll take these all day long.1647716478

BS
12-23-2020, 12:30 PM
Still haven't got my double digit trout yet, but I'll take these all day long.1647716478

Beautiful Scott. :cool::cool::cool:

Me, I don't ask for much, so I'd take those for a half day. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Were you 'catoring.......... I see a little flame colored thing in both pictures. ?????

Good job and thank you for pictures and the report !!!!!!!!!

Dang Cutthroats............

Bob

Scott V
12-23-2020, 02:32 PM
Beautiful Scott. :cool::cool::cool:

Me, I don't ask for much, so I'd take those for a half day. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Were you 'catoring.......... I see a little flame colored thing in both pictures. ?????

Good job and thank you for pictures and the report !!!!!!!!!

Dang Cutthroats............

Bob

Balanced minnow under an indicator, a way I do not like to fish. Not an indicator fan.

Tried stripping and jigging but got nothing.

Katz
12-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Congrats! Looks like you arrived early! Katz

John H
12-23-2020, 03:02 PM
I could use a few of those. All these Pyramid reports are getting to me. I might have to buy some balanced leeches and go up there.

Quinnphoto
12-23-2020, 04:41 PM
I’d take em too. Nice looking fish. That balanced leech under an indicator seems to work. I got three more Monday with a 18 foot long leader on an floating line with two balanced leeches.

Pvillarr
12-23-2020, 06:11 PM
Good deal! Nothing to complain about with those guys...in fact, my personal best at Pyramid (16.5 with net weight) barely fought. He just felt like a log being towed lol.

Scott V
12-28-2020, 10:33 AM
Congrats! Looks like you arrived early! Katz

At the lake by 5:45.

JayDubP
12-28-2020, 04:51 PM
Not looking for hot spots- where should I go to watch what Pyramid is about? And what times?

Will not be able to fish for a few more months, but I am jonesing....
Moved to W Reno (Somersett/Sierra Canyon) almost a year ago and health issues & Covid 19 have kept me from exploring much....

Just want to take wife and go on a day drive to see what Pyramid is about. (we go to Sprouts on Pyramid & Disc Dr, so could do both in one outing)

Jim

John Sv
12-28-2020, 05:20 PM
I’m curious, as I only seem to strip buggers when I am there, or drift \slow strip with no indicator...
When you fish a balance leech on an 18 foot leader with an indicator, how long is the leader below the indicator?

Quinnphoto
12-28-2020, 05:58 PM
I’m curious, as I only seem to strip buggers when I am there, or drift \slow strip with no indicator...
When you fish a balance leech on an 18 foot leader with an indicator, how long is the leader below the indicator?
My bad I fish a balanced leech on an indicator about 10 feet below and I use a 18’ leader when I fish with just my floating line. I also have two balanced leeches on the floating line. One goes approximately 14-15deep the other 11-12 feet to cover a couple of different options. I use 1,25 as my multiplier on the length of depth ratio on the floating line.

John Sv
12-28-2020, 06:26 PM
Oh got it thanks. Might try your balance leech rig sounds cool and fishy!

BS
12-28-2020, 07:13 PM
My bad I fish a balanced leech on an indicator about 10 feet below and I use a 18’ leader when I fish with just my floating line. I also have two balanced leeches on the floating line. One goes approximately 14-15deep the other 11-12 feet to cover a couple of different options. I use 1,25 as my multiplier on the length of depth ratio on the floating line.

So Bill............................

How are you rigging (tying) up two balanced leeches with the long leader floating line set-up ?????

I thought I found (last year) how to rig the "dual balanced leech" rig, but apparently not. :confused::confused:

Inquiring BS would like to know. ;);)

Bob

Quinnphoto
12-28-2020, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=BS;200517]So Bill............................

How are you rigging (tying) up two balanced leeches with the long leader floating line set-up ?????

I thought I found (last year) how to rig the "dual balanced leech" rig, but apparently not. :confused::confused:

Inquiring BS would like to know. ;);)

Bob[/QUOT

I use a triple surgeons knot with one tied to the added long end of my line and then cut the upper tag end and keep the lower tag end to tie up to the upper second balanced leech.

BS
12-28-2020, 07:52 PM
"I use a triple surgeons knot with one tied to the added long end of my line and then cut the upper tag end and keep the lower tag end to tie up to the upper second balanced leech."

Gotcha'............................

Yet another tidbit to file in the mental tacklebox. :cool::cool:

Thanks Bill. :D:D

Bob

Quinnphoto
12-28-2020, 08:34 PM
"I use a triple surgeons knot with one tied to the added long end of my line and then cut the upper tag end and keep the lower tag end to tie up to the upper second balanced leech."

Gotcha'............................

Yet another tidbit to file in the mental tacklebox. :cool::cool:

Thanks Bill. :D:D

Bob

My pleasure Bob :)

BS
12-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Not looking for hot spots- where should I go to watch what Pyramid is about? And what times?

Will not be able to fish for a few more months, but I am jonesing....
Moved to W Reno (Somersett/Sierra Canyon) almost a year ago and health issues & Covid 19 have kept me from exploring much....

Just want to take wife and go on a day drive to see what Pyramid is about. (we go to Sprouts on Pyramid & Disc Dr, so could do both in one outing)

Jim

Jim,

If you don't have a 4wd/Awd rig, I'd suggest you check out Pelican Point.
The boat parking lot and beach access is paved..............no worries of getting stuck in the sand there.
Park as close to the launching ramp as you LEGALLY CAN (observe the posted signs) and take a gander there.
There'll be fishermen and fisherwomen to the right.........on the rocks,...... and people fishing the beach to your left.

If you DO HAVE 4wd/Awd, you could safely visit pretty much most of all the beaches south of Pelican Point.
Stay on the packed sand roads at the southern beaches and you'll be fine.

If I were you, I'd bring "his and hers" binoculars for "up close and personal" viewing of any fish catching.

Sometimes the fish will be biting early morning/sunrise & late afternoon........just before dark.
Some days the fish will be biting all day long.
Some days the fish won't bite at all.............. I've had plenty of those days. :mad::mad:

And, technically, you'd be a "Day Use Visitor".
I don't think the Rangers would hassle you though if you were just sitting in your car "observing" the fisherpersons.

Now, if you were out strolling the beach, with a leashed dog, and had a campfire going.............they might want to speak to you a little more "in depth". :confused::confused:

Hope this helps you a little !!!!

Bob

JayDubP
12-30-2020, 10:14 AM
Jim,

If you don't have a 4wd/Awd rig, I'd suggest you check out Pelican Point.
The boat parking lot and beach access is paved..............no worries of getting stuck in the sand there.
Park as close to the launching ramp as you LEGALLY CAN (observe the posted signs) and take a gander there.
There'll be fishermen and fisherwomen to the right.........on the rocks,...... and people fishing the beach to your left.

If you DO HAVE 4wd/Awd, you could safely visit pretty much most of all the beaches south of Pelican Point.
Stay on the packed sand roads at the southern beaches and you'll be fine.

If I were you, I'd bring "his and hers" binoculars for "up close and personal" viewing of any fish catching.

Sometimes the fish will be biting early morning/sunrise & late afternoon........just before dark.
Some days the fish will be biting all day long.
Some days the fish won't bite at all.............. I've had plenty of those days. :mad::mad:

And, technically, you'd be a "Day Use Visitor".
I don't think the Rangers would hassle you though if you were just sitting in your car "observing" the fisherpersons.

Now, if you were out strolling the beach, with a leashed dog, and had a campfire going.............they might want to speak to you a little more "in depth". :confused::confused:

Hope this helps you a little !!!!

Bob

Bob, Perfect, especially on binoculars.

Thanks

Jim