PDA

View Full Version : Coastal weather looking promising...

PV_Premier
12-21-2020, 06:04 PM
Looks like the rain is setting up for a good dousing of the north coast into the latter part of this week. Who has a trip penciled into the calendar?

I may try to bust out for a couple of long days and a short overnighter between Xmas and NY pending what it does. It is less of a commitment to get to the Trinity but I am really craving a crack at a hot fresh fish in the lower stretches of one of the big rivers...

Peter S
12-21-2020, 08:23 PM
My boat is prepped and I'm packed and ready to go when I get the call from friends who live near the lower Eel.

mannamedstan
12-21-2020, 10:12 PM
I’ve got my boat packed as well. Good luck everyone, looks like winter is just around the corner

hwchubb
12-21-2020, 11:12 PM
If I had a boat it would be prepped. I’ve penciled in 2 days next week - penciled not penned, but hopeful. Also scheduled calls on my Ft. Bragg / Eureka customers for the second week of January...

Rossflyguy
12-21-2020, 11:18 PM
I’ve got a RV reservation booked for all of next week. As long as there’s not too much water to blow it out I’ll be on the eel. I read the Mad already has fish showing up at the hatchery.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-22-2020, 07:29 AM
Christmas vacation has been a traditional timing for the North Coast Steelheading.

I met a wonderful school teacher once who always was on the Gualala during Christmas vacation.

The camp host at a camp ground near the Matole told my friend that after many years he would bet on mid-February.

He told him by then the water was running clearer and more consistent between storms.

I think on average some of our coastal stream are healing up and slow improving, weather dependent.

I am happy to see that some here are taking the chance to go for winter steelhead........best of luck.

BumpBailey
12-22-2020, 09:01 AM
My boat's always packed and ready to go!

I freakin' can't wait to break out the two hander, swing some flies, and take in the beauty those magnificent Redwoods!

Randy Lee
12-22-2020, 09:48 AM
The" Chrome Rush" is very similar to the "Gold Rush". The plotting, the planning, the crazed look in the eyes. Where do I sign up?

hwchubb
12-23-2020, 09:06 AM
The" Chrome Rush" is very similar to the "Gold Rush". The plotting, the planning, the crazed look in the eyes. Where do I sign up?

Just drive past coastal campgrounds this time of year, and look for what looks like a homeless camp but with Spey rods and better bourbon. The signup sheet will be on the picnic table under the blue tarp.

John Sv
12-23-2020, 12:21 PM
You guys are making me want to go fishing!!!!

Mr T
12-23-2020, 12:58 PM
You guys are making me want to go fishing!!!!

This-

I might be able to wing time next week- REALLY need a fix.

PV_Premier
12-27-2020, 06:22 PM
Heading up tomorrow or Tuesday—who’s in?

hwchubb
12-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Tentatively planning Tue-Thur trip. Has anyone heard about Eel / Mad / VD / Redwood Creek clarity?

Mr T
12-28-2020, 12:06 PM
Still working up till Wednesday-

tcorfey
12-28-2020, 06:40 PM
Tentatively planning Tue-Thur trip. Has anyone heard about Eel / Mad / VD / Redwood Creek clarity?

Here is the flows which should give you some idea
https://www.dreamflows.com/flows.php?page=prod&zone=canv&form=norm#Site060

PV_Premier
12-29-2020, 06:04 PM
The water clarity on the main stem isn’t great. 2-3’ max. I hooked a fish on the SF, didn’t land it, clarity there was 4-5’ and brownish green. The VD surprisingly looked green from the highway bridge. Headed there tomorrow morning...if it flops I will go to the Mad or SF.

Jcolin
12-29-2020, 07:40 PM
I went uo to fish the south fork yesterday, was discolored like pv said but definitley dropping into shaps. Much better higher up above benbow, wasnt sure how many fish would be up that high being kind of early but a couple guys in a drift boat said they got two nice hens. Way to go pv on hooking one. My high water confidence is low, in past seasons ive waited only until the water was emerald green, but have heard from too many people by now who have swung up fish in water sometimes not much better than chocolate milk.

casper916
12-30-2020, 12:59 PM
Looks like we are getting a week of rain starting tomorrow, good for the fish! but what does it mean for us fishermen.

How long will that blow the rivers out for? Will it blow the rivers out? Is it realistic to plan a trip on the SF Eel for Martin Luther King Jr weekend??

bayflyfisher
12-30-2020, 04:16 PM
I'm still hoping we get enough rain here in the Bay to help open up some of the creek mouths and make the San Lo more fishable. We haven't even gotten past 50 cfs yet this whole season, which is a major bummer. Still early, though, and praying that next week's rain will suffice!

PV_Premier
12-30-2020, 06:39 PM
Looks like we are getting a week of rain starting tomorrow, good for the fish! but what does it mean for us fishermen.

How long will that blow the rivers out for? Will it blow the rivers out? Is it realistic to plan a trip on the SF Eel for Martin Luther King Jr weekend??

If it stops raining after next week, then who knows, the SF could be closed for low flow by then...realistically it’s hard to plan these things more than a few days ahead. It’s nuking rain in Fortuna right now. The VD was perfect flow and color today but will probably blow out overnight again.

casper916
12-31-2020, 12:04 PM
If it stops raining after next week, then who knows, the SF could be closed for low flow by then...realistically it’s hard to plan these things more than a few days ahead. It’s nuking rain in Fortuna right now. The VD was perfect flow and color today but will probably blow out overnight again.

Oh I will definitely be checking the flows every day before I come up.

Also was planning on calling Grundmans before making the trip.

PV_Premier
12-31-2020, 07:49 PM
Just to reinforce how finicky the coast is, when I left Fortuna today the SF was closed for low flow, the VD had turned brown, and the main stem was perfect.

Mr T
01-02-2021, 11:47 AM
Just got back from Redding area. Was headed up Thursday am and heard a noise, turned out a shock in the rear had worked loose. After that fun time in New Year’s Eve getting it fixed I was down to basically one day, so fished the upper sac nyd morning and lower sac later.

Dunno what I did wrong but fully blanked- kinda bummed!

BumpBailey
01-07-2021, 09:06 AM
Anyone know what is going on with the Scotia Guage? I haven't seen reading from it in a few days now. I'm sure it is too high to fish this weekend but it could be ripe soon!!!!!

The timing game has started!!!

casper916
01-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Anyone know what is going on with the Scotia Guage? I haven't seen reading from it in a few days now. I'm sure it is too high to fish this weekend but it could be ripe soon!!!!!

The timing game has started!!!

Good question. Looks like the Scotia gauge stopped recording on the 5th.

South Fork at Miranda is between 2000-3000.

It might be worth giving Grundmans a call and they might have some info for you.

Also maybe the flows hotline, 707-822-3164.

PV_Premier
01-10-2021, 09:34 AM
The flow hotline will be no help. They only tell you if the river is open, not the actual flow.

Steelin' Time
01-14-2021, 10:01 PM
On my way to Oregon today, January 14th. I stopped by Judge Carver's Hole on the SF Eel, right at the Junction of Hwy. 101 & Hwy. 1
The water was high but fishable, 30-35" viz, nice green color, some leaves and debris washing by but not an issue. I pulled off 101 again right at the Benbow Inn and drove down to the confluence of the SF Eel and the East Branch of the SF. Maybe 15" of viz at that spot and the water was smoking. Likelystill too big on Friday for the Benbow to PG&E run or Benbow to Dean Creek, but Saturday should be fishable but maybe still a touch high on that stretch of the SF. The "Main" was big and dirty, as expected.
Planning to fish either the Smith or the Elk tomorrow and Saturday, hoping the Sixes will start fishing by Sunday or Monday. I may stop by the SF Eel Thursday-Saturday of next week on my way home. The "Main" should be fishable by then as well.

BumpBailey
01-15-2021, 09:00 AM
Yeee-Haw! I think the window is open! We are going to take a crack at it this weekend. Heading up to the SF first thing tomorrow and we will be up there through Tuesday. We'll probably stick between Leggett and Benbow tomorrow do a little swinging and scope launch/take out areas and work our way north. I am bringing the driftboat this time. It will be our first time floating this river. We are intermediate oarsmen, the majority of my rowing having taken place on The Trinity. Any need to know info on drifting this river? From the looks of it on Google Earth, there doesn't look to be too many sketchy areas. Especially, the further north you go... any words of wisdom here is greatly appreciated. We will predominately using the boat to shuttle between gravel bars conducive to swinging but, we will have an indo set up for the "shuttling" runs. Egg and what under the bobicator???

If you see a blue and white Hyde XL Low say hi.

Tight lines!

Jay

casper916
01-15-2021, 11:34 AM
Yeee-Haw! I think the window is open! We are going to take a crack at it this weekend. Heading up to the SF first thing tomorrow and we will be up there through Tuesday. We'll probably stick between Leggett and Benbow tomorrow do a little swinging and scope launch/take out areas and work our way north. I am bringing the driftboat this time. It will be our first time floating this river. We are intermediate oarsmen, the majority of my rowing having taken place on The Trinity. Any need to know info on drifting this river? From the looks of it on Google Earth, there doesn't look to be too many sketchy areas. Especially, the further north you go... any words of wisdom here is greatly appreciated. We will predominately using the boat to shuttle between gravel bars conducive to swinging but, we will have an indo set up for the "shuttling" runs. Egg and what under the bobicator???

Tight lines!

Jay

See you on the river!

I plan to fish the American River at the crack of dawn tomorrow.

Then around 10AM or so I will make the drive up to Leggett for the afternoon bite!

Plan to fish spots along the South Fork all day Sunday and in the morning on Monday before heading back to Sac.

WLREDBAND
01-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Personally, I would NOT recommend taking a hard hulled drift boat on your first trip between Benbow and Piercy. Raft, yes, hard boat, not for the first time. A few spots could get you in trouble, and you may have to portage some of the low water bridge crossings above Benbow depending on river height. And I personally would NOT take a hard boat at all between Legget and Piercy. Raft only. Yes, you can do it in a hard boat, but if you're an intermediate rower, you wouldn't see me in your boat on that stretch. My general rule of thumb is hard boat OK below Garberville, soft boat OK above Garberville. But I'm lucky and can pick and choose since I have lotsa toys!

Tight lines!

Jay

BumpBailey
01-15-2021, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the words of caution WLREDBAND. The furthest drift south(upriver) I contemplated launching at was Richardson Grove. What are your thoughts of running from there to Benbow? How about Benbow to Garberville? You can only glean so much information from Google Maps.

Steelin' Time
01-15-2021, 09:38 PM
Bump, you can launch at Richardson Grove and take out at the "Bear Pen" which is just above the low water bridge at the Benbow Campground. That is a short float, you may end up doing the run twice depending upon the water flow and how much time you spend fishing various spots. I have made a full day out of that short float many times. Redband gave you good advice, don't drift upstream of Richardson Grove. If you float past the Bear Pen, you will have a problem at the low water bridge, which is half a mile or so downstream of Bear Pen.
Bear Pen is a good spot to fish, another good spot is upstream of Piercy at the Standley Creek underpass access point off of Hwy. 271. Huge 1000 yard long gravel bar, though not all of the water is good for your swinging flies. I have launched my DB at the upper end of Standley Creek gravel bar and fished that long stretch then taken my boat out right under Hwy/ 101 several times. Fishy water!

If you launch at the Benbow Inn and drift to Dean Creek that is a great drift, easy rowing for the most part. Based on what I saw when I looked at the water at the Benbow Inn yesterday, that drift should be good Saturday or Sunday.

Benbow Inn to PG&E (Garberville) requires a key for the gate that was installed on the access road just behind the PG&E facility, which is behind the Renner gasoline plaza.

Good luck, hope you find some fish!

hwchubb
01-15-2021, 10:49 PM
Would love to hear any reports! I’ve scheduled some calls from Sonoma County to Eureka next week, with plenty of extra time. Planning to hit the Navarro and VD, for the moment. Looks like this weekend and week could be as good as conditions get...

WLREDBAND
01-16-2021, 09:07 AM
I agree with ST's post that follows. Good luck if you go.

Thanks for the words of caution WLREDBAND. The furthest drift south(upriver) I contemplated launching at was Richardson Grove. What are your thoughts of running from there to Benbow? How about Benbow to Garberville? You can only glean so much information from Google Maps.

Fish Guru
01-17-2021, 01:25 AM
Gotta agree with WLDREDBAND, that portage at piercy is a doozy, hell I took a swim there once doing that, and there is a nasty Boulder garden bend below that is big trouble if you don’t know it well.
Richardson grove down should be solid, and as long as debris is cleared at Benbow you can cruise under that bridge. The stretch just below Richardson Grove where it runs beside 101 ALWAYS holds a large pod, emphasis on always. Most consistent stretch on the river generally.

casper916
01-18-2021, 07:33 AM
Fished the south fork eel river Friday afternoon and all day yesterday. No luck for me. Just exploring and learning the water. Fished under bear canyon rd bridge, benbow, and some spots between richardson grove and piercy.

Half of the battle is finding river access. Drift boat or raft is the way to go. I have a kayak at home but don’t know the river well enough to have confidence launching it.

Talked to one gentlemen who landed a nice hen on the fly near Benbow.

A lot of drift boats on the river. One boat I talked too got some in the morning on plugs.

Going to try some other stretches of river(one spot in redway i scoped out, then stopping by Leggett and maybe the big bend lodge if they let me park) before driving home today. Day 3 maybe the fish gods will bless me.

Cheers and thanks for the info everyone!

avidangler
01-18-2021, 03:41 PM
A lot of drift boats on the river. That is the understatement of the century. Ain't no one working these days!!!

BumpBailey
01-21-2021, 10:41 AM
Thanks again WLREDBAND & Steelin’ Time for the intel. It was very helpful. I got up there late Saturday Morning and made my first stop at Richardson Grove to check out the put-in. I happened on nice guy swinging his two hander there, Kevin a fellow Keine’s Board Member and we swapped a little intel. I hope you got into some Kevin and it was nice meeting you. After checking into the Dean Creek Resort I did a little walk n wade just above Benbow on Saturday afternoon. I saw at least 7 maybe 8 boats drift by in about 2 hours’ time. All reports were the same 0 or, 1 or two chances.... In my 3-4 hours of swinging I felt, nor saw anything.

Sunday we drifted from Richardson Grove down to the Benbow Inn. Flows on the Miranda Gauge were at 1,150cfs. Unfortunately, we were accompanied by 4 or 5 other boats on that float but we eventually all spread out and it was a good float. We tend to use the boat more as a shuttle to get to prime swing water. But, we aren’t wasting all that water in between. We play the nymphing(egging?) game we just don’t back row to often. There was really only one sketchy spot on that drift, there was/is a bit of a rock garden just above the 101 Bridge that is just before the low water bridge at Benbow, we tagged one rock pretty good. It might have been avoidable if I hadn’t spun my oar right before digging in.... The low water bridge was a little challenge too and we did make it but, there was a little contact going under it. Frankly, the Trinity has beaten up my boat more than any other river has. I’ll add that I don’t think I would float that section again in my drifter with flows any lower than they were. I think that rock garden could get sketchy at lower flows.... Fishing was super slow for us and for all those we spoke with. No touches or sightings...

Monday and Tuesday we did the same drift, Myers Flat to the Forks. That was a super mellow drift. Monday had a lot of boats up and down the river. We saw numerous boats flying down the highway each direction and on once on the river we were jockeying with 4 others. Tuesday was quieter and had us trading positions with three others. But, again we all spread out and did our own things, it was peaceful! Monday was another quiet day and all reports we heard were either one or a lost one or nothing at all. We were still optimistic going into our last day together and doing the same drift we felt a little more confident. Our thoughts were that with the Main Stem almost in shape it would allow more fish to move again and they would dash into the SF(that’s what we were telling ourselves anyway) which was going to be in prime shape with the Miranda Gauge reading 700CFS on Tuesday. We got the boat launched our shuttle done and we were in the game early. Adam had one on a bout a mile from the put in but lost it after about a minute of tug o war. Ouch! Finally a player on the line and we got played. Oh well. Lunch break had passed and the realization of my 4.5 hour drive was starting to set in. Adam took the sticks and I had about an hour left in this journey. We got the point where the Giant Redwood had fallen into the river recently, not the one you could drift under, the next one. Just above that beast I had a couple of beads drifting river right when a pig of a fish came out and smacked it hard, fish on! It came to the top, about 10 feet from the boat, shiny as a brand new dime, turned 180 degrees and headed back to the log jam he came out from under. It was either put the breaks on or let him get to the jam, I opted for the break, snap! 15lb test was no match..... &*!^%#. Next thing in knew I was on my way home with a smile on my face. What an awesome weekend it was. I didn’t have to worry about work, got to hang out with my buddy and enjoy life with all responsibilities on the back burner for a few days. We met some cool people, some kind of surly ones too and learned a little more about this river. Sure, I was bummed we didn’t land either of the fish we connected with. But, excited that we actually connected with a couple. We were doing something right! Nice to get those affirmations once in a while! It is such an incredibly beautiful place. It is truly the land of giants up there. I just wish we could figure out a way to bring the fish back. Free The Eel!

Trouter925
01-21-2021, 10:58 AM
Nice report Bump. Thank you for the story.

jigger
01-22-2021, 10:34 AM
Thanks for taking us along BB!! Way to get one of those elusive winter ghosts on the line in the final hour. Awesome!

hwchubb
01-22-2021, 11:09 PM
I fished Benbow Drive above and around the campground Thursday, beautiful conditions but nary a touch. Drove the Avenue of the Giants, and even though there were people in every decent run, not much was happening.

Fished the Mad this morning, and it is just that. The hatchery is closed so it’s a long hike to get above the hatchery. I could find almost nowhere with enough room to swing until a good 1/2 mile upstream of the hatchery. One of my friends went 1/4 on Thursday fishing beads under a bobber, and the one was probably close to 15#. Another buddy got a nice one this morning on beads, but it’s incredibly crowded, even for the Mad. I continued my string of nada from Thursday.

On a positive note, I joined two of my buddies and one of their wives for a great evening of good food, good drink, and great conversation at their place in McKinleyville. It almost felt normal - I’d forgotten how much I’ve missed that sort of thing.

BumpBailey
02-25-2021, 02:07 PM
Road Trip!

PV_Premier
02-26-2021, 07:59 AM
Good luck and let us know how you do. It would be nice to get up there this weekend but it’s not in the cards for me sadly.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-27-2021, 06:21 AM
Water dependent, I believe that February is the top month for winter steelhead on our North Coast.

For a new comers, all you need to do is hook one wild Steelhead on a fly to join the rabide Team.

For old timers, all you have to do is hook one more wild Steelhead on a trip to get you heart started again.

**I think tidewater fishing is still single handed fly rods and upriver is single hand or two handed.

There are probably a dozen good fly fishing guides now for swinging for winter Steelhead in Nor Cal because of Spey fishing.

20 years and more ago I never heard of anyone guiding winter Steelhead with a fly.

Then about 20 years ago some guides were guiding winter Runs with indicators.

About the same time Spey came in to the picture and now that last 10 years or more there are good guys guiding with two handed fly

rods, swinging sink-tips for winter Steelhead.

What I am getting at, go with one of these recommended two hand fly fishing guides if you want to learn and increase your chances.

*My timing numbers might be off a few years as I am retired and 75 now.

If I could have gotten all my customers to hook on smoken' hot wild Steelhead over 10 pounds I would be a millionaire now.

BumpBailey
02-28-2021, 07:55 AM
The river is in prime shape!!!!! Gotta go now!

Jcolin
02-28-2021, 11:12 AM
BumpBailey hows the mainstem looking? Saw its at 4150 cfs at scotia and thinking its gotta be looking good

BumpBailey
03-01-2021, 05:27 AM
BumpBailey hows the mainstem looking? Saw its at 4150 cfs at scotia and thinking its gotta be looking good

It's a little busy bit color is good.

Mark Kranhold
03-01-2021, 11:27 AM
I’ll bet it’s busy up there with all the internet buzz going on.

BumpBailey
03-02-2021, 12:01 PM

I meant to say that it was a little pushy, not busy. I stayed below Miranda for the three days I was there. I kept hearing about how busy it was but to be honest, I really didn't see too many people fishing. Sunday was a little busy at the High Rock Gravel Bar but, I found a good run that kept me busy for a few hours. Only one boat drifted past and while there were a few others on said bar, there was plenty of room. Around lunch I went down river further to Holmes and it was the same thing, I had a good run all to myself but still no love... I finished off the evening Sunday back at Miranda and had the whole bar to myself. Perfect conditions and still nothing...
Yesterday I went back to High Rock and fished from about 6:30 to almost noon. Still a little heavy but there was plenty of good soft water to swing into. Overall, I'd say it was in great shape and is probably perfect today on the main stem. All reports were dismal. I saw one fish jump and that was it..... Unfortunately, I just don't think it is a very robust run this year....

avidangler
03-02-2021, 04:27 PM
I really didn't see too many people fishing. I just don't think it is a very robust run this year....

That is putting it mildly. Fishing has sucked all over for steelhead. My first trip to Oregon was a bust. Both Trips to Norcal were really tough. Russian,was horrible,and the homeless are out of control. Hate to be a negative Nancy but we better have a stretch of wet weather and good ocean conditions in the next 5 years. Look at what Washington is going through right now. Yikes! I hope some folks get into them. I will be making one late season trip before I turn my sights elsewhere.

Jcolin
03-03-2021, 08:55 AM
It sounds like its been tough everywhere. I live in guerneville and fish the russian everyday before and/or after work, for only a couple grabs this whole season. Felt very lucky to get one little hen up on the eel and thats been it for me this winter...usually through sheer persistence i do better but this winters been disheartening...avidangler just curious about your comment regarding the homeless here? Have never had any problems with any of them, other than one incident in monte rio that involved a guy wbo wasnt even from here. I ask because ive never heard of anyone getting ripped off here but wondering if that happened to you? Often have tools or musical instruments in my truck while im fishing and would never do that on say the american or yuba.

avidangler
03-03-2021, 02:48 PM
I went up and did a little walking above Dry creek,near the 101 bridge. Homeless camps. Trash. Some sketchy tweaker dude wandering around the road. Nobody ripped me off,but I'm a large guy and maybe he saw me and thought better than to mess with my truck. It was just the fact that I didn't feel comfortable down there. The trash is out of control. On high water events much of it WILL end up in the river.

Down in Forestville there were some shady looking people living out of their car. Up on the south bank road above Johnsons Beach there were several homeless rigs with trash and crap all over the place,normally I pull over up there to watch people fishing down at the gravel bar. I didn't bother to stop. Look I know times or tough and some folks choose to live in a camper,I'm good with it. I'm not good with meth head tweakers wandering around my truck and I have zero tolerance for the piles upon piles of trash I keep seeing everywhere.

On another river I can't name,there was a tweaker screaming obscenities at some gal who was living with him in his tent. Totally killed it for me and I had to leave. It's getting worse. I didn't want to hijack this thread . But it is a major problem and especially on the Russian which has enough problems as it is without piles of trash along the river.

Jcolin
03-03-2021, 07:24 PM
Agree 100% the trash they leave is unbelievable. See it everywhere too in the bay area by the freeways its really bleak. On the russian theres good groups like the clean river alliance cleaning up encampments but they cant even come close to keeping up with it...just wanted to make sure you didnt have your windows smashed or anything as that would be a wake up call for me!

avidangler
03-03-2021, 10:54 PM
No windows smashed. But it pays to not leave any valuables visible and to park in areas where there are people around.

Sonoman
03-04-2021, 09:46 PM
My son and his buddy had windows smashed last year at Riverfront Park off Eastside road in Windsor while fishing the Russian. They didn't take anything of real value but felt violated nonetheless. The police didn't care because the DA doesn't prosecute property crimes

WLREDBAND
03-05-2021, 08:02 AM
Can't blame it explicitly on the homeless, but car has been broken into and rifled through 3 times. They never got anything of value because I leave nothing in the car. There are some places I simply will not park.

flirodr1
03-05-2021, 10:42 AM
I had my truck broken into on the Smith two weeks ago. Parked on Highway 199 in plain sight. The vandals jimmied the lock on my camper shell and cleaned out the back. Also cut my fuel intake line in an attempt to siphon gas and to add insult to injury, took my antenna. There was a witness and I received a description of the car and license plate number. I found the trio of tweakers and confronted them, of course they denied the break-in and drove off rather quickly. The week before someone broke into another fisherman's rig on the river.

avidangler
03-05-2021, 12:07 PM
It's nothing new,crime on our waterways,and I am not laying blame solely on the homeless,but how can anyone condone all the trash and unsightly homeless camps? I'm not down with it. I live near the rec trail in Monterey and a couple times I have had law enforecent remove homeless people tent camping next to the property. The tax paying citizens have every right to police their neighborhoods of scum and villainry lol. Many of the people living on the streets are decent,but there are enough of them on dope that I refuse to have any of it where I live if I have a say.

As for the tweakers who broke into your vehicle,I do trust you got their license plate number.