PDA

View Full Version : California Winter Steelhead book pre-order

DPLee
10-22-2020, 05:13 PM
After several years of research, writing, photography and editing, our latest book - California Winter Steelhead – Life History and Fly Fishing is now available for pre-order at www.dennisplee.com. This is a full-color hardback book limited to 500 copies, each numbered and signed by the author. The book includes an inspirational Foreword and photographs by photographer and steelheader Jeff Bright (www.jeffbright.com). In addition, beautiful photos by Northern California fly fishing guides Drew Griffith and Jason Hartwick are found throughout the book. Hundreds of additional historical and scenic photos provide a unique look into California’s rich steelhead fly fishing history.

The book includes over 300 pages describing the historical and current status of California rivers and creeks from the North Coast to the Southern Coast including the Great Central Valley. The author covers insightful information on the history of California steelhead fly fishing gleamed from early manuscripts, reports and newspapers. Included is information on historical and current steelhead run sizes and river streamflow graphs. The book also covers winter steelhead fly fishing equipment including rods, reels, fly lines and leaders, casting and fly presentation. One chapter details the history and current status of California steelhead conservation from its beginnings in the 1800’s. The book finishes with color plates of over 100 winter steelhead flies.

You can pre-order a copy now at www.dennisplee.com. California residents pay sales tax but shipping to your USPS address is free (Continental USA only). The anticipated release date for California Winter Steelhead is mid-December, 2020. However, due to issues with Covid-19, the release and shipping dates may be delayed. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee delivery before the holidays.

Dennis

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-22-2020, 06:05 PM
Another life's work by Dennis Lee......

The book will be an important documentation of the in depth history of California's Winter Steelhead plus tons of great flies, photos and information.

I am more of a Half-Pounder kind of guy so I cherish Dennis's book on that great fishery.

This book would be a great Christmas gift for any Spey or Steelhead junky.

Rossflyguy
10-22-2020, 07:28 PM
I purchased the half pounder book and if the winter edition is any thing like the half pounder edition it’s worth the purchase. I’ve already pre ordered mine. Looking forward to adding it to the collection. I’ve got a spot right next to my anglers coast and dry line steelhead for it.

Mark Kranhold
10-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Looking forward to it Dennis! Ordered it yesterday.

Rich Morrison
10-23-2020, 10:28 AM
The Half Pounder is one of my favorites. Glad to be on the pre-order list for this one! Thanks!

DPLee
10-26-2020, 04:24 PM
Thank you to everyone who has pre-order our new book - California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing. The response has been wonderful and almost 100 of the 500 copies that will be printed have been pre-ordered in just a few days. Surprisingly, many of the pre-orders are from fly anglers all over the US! We have reviewed the book proof and our printer is trying to complete and ship our order before mid-December. They indicate current issues may delay printing but we are hoping we will be able to ship books before Christmas if all goes well. Again, thanks to everyone who placed a pre-order at www.dennisplee.com

Dennis

OctoberCaddis
10-28-2020, 01:14 PM
Hi Dennis, I'm one of those out of town orders (but a long-time former in-towner). Loved the Half Pounder Book and really looking forward to this one.

Thank you to everyone who has pre-order our new book - California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing. The response has been wonderful and almost 100 of the 500 copies that will be printed have been pre-ordered in just a few days. Surprisingly, many of the pre-orders are from fly anglers all over the US! We have reviewed the book proof and our printer is trying to complete and ship our order before mid-December. They indicate current issues may delay printing but we are hoping we will be able to ship books before Christmas if all goes well. Again, thanks to everyone who placed a pre-order at www.dennisplee.com

Dennis

Terry Thomas
10-28-2020, 07:14 PM
Ordered! Looking forward to another great read. I read the half pounder book every late summer to get me “jazzed “ for the upcoming season.

DPLee
10-29-2020, 09:32 AM
We are overwhelmed with the number of pre-orders for California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing we received in such a short time; especially orders from states like Texas, Virginia, New Mexico and even from Canada. We even have one individual who placed a pre-order from Singapore! Like our previous book, The Half-Pounder, A Steelhead Trout, we have limited the print order to 500 books. The book is case bound, hardback with a foil stamped linen cover, full color digital printing and we upgraded the over 300 pages to the best quality 100 pound high opacity paper. Thanks again to everyone who has placed a pre-order. Here is an example of a page spread from California Winter Steelhead illustrating the information, photographs and graphs provided for California steelhead rivers from the Smith to the Tijuana.

John Sv
10-29-2020, 05:50 PM
Just ordered mine
Enjoyed the Half-pounder book, looking forward to this one!

troutfly1
09-08-2021, 08:50 PM
tried to order this online at wordpress but kept getting a "fatal error" from the site.

chromebright
09-18-2021, 10:15 AM
tried to order this online at wordpress but kept getting a "fatal error" from the site.

Yep your website is down.......bummer.

Ken

Ben J
09-18-2021, 02:27 PM
I have a copy I am willing to sell if anyone here is interested. PM me

browndude3649
09-18-2021, 04:42 PM
I have a copy I am willing to sell if anyone here is interested. PM me

PM sent on book

DPLee
09-19-2021, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately our hosting site recently updated their software and caused our website to crash. We are currently at the Klamath River and cannot correct the issue. We will fix the issue and should be back on line soon after we get home at the end of this week. We have mailed slightly more than one half of the 500 Winter Steelhead book to date and sorry for the inconvenience.

Dennis

DPLee
09-26-2021, 11:48 AM
At the same time we left for the lower Klamath River our website host upgraded their software causing our site to go down. The problem has been fixed now and www.dennisplee.com is up and running. Thank you to all for your patience to those who wanted to order California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing or a fly box collection. And yes, we caught a few bright half-pounders from 12 to 15 inches and a couple of adult steelhead up to four pounds. Fish were scattered and we did not find any concentrations of fish. The river is low and air temps were is the mid to high 80's. No smoke thank you!

Dennis
www.dennisplee.com