PDA

View Full Version : WTB Airflo Rage 390 Scandi

Mr T
10-19-2020, 01:19 PM
Looking for a floating option for my echo 3 6127- currently running a floating tip on a skagit head and its- clunky

Thanks,

OceanSunfish
10-19-2020, 02:10 PM
Looking for a floating option for my echo 3 6127- currently running a floating tip on a skagit head and its- clunky

Thanks,

Mr T. You do it all! Super enthusiast. My hat is tipped. Keep it going and all the best to you!

Mr T
10-19-2020, 04:08 PM
Mr T. You do it all! Super enthusiast. My hat is tipped. Keep it going and all the best to you!

I think my wife says the same thing- albeit with more of a "i married an adhd poster child" tone!

Heck I bought the rod what 2-3, 4 years ago? Finally getting around to fishing it!

Hope you're well my friend!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-20-2020, 09:03 AM
The Airflo 'Rage' head is the best thing you can put on a two-handed fly rod if you are a beginner to intermediate Spey caster.

Getting the right size / weight is critical though........

Spey expert Doug Duncan got me the right size 'Rage' on my 12'6" #6 Spey rod and it was remarkable.

I use a Rio 12' Steelhead leader or some shorter 'Versi/Poly' leaders.

If you need any help getting started in Spey casting / Spey fishing just Google 'Jeff Putnam' or 'Andy Guibord'.

Mr T
10-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Based on the echo site and other input I think this is the right line for the rod. I took a class with Jeff last year- made a big difference to be sure.