PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Service

Rossflyguy
09-26-2020, 09:44 PM
Anyone know of a shuttle service for the feather river? I was told by someone that cabs work but I don’t want to bet on a cab. Tried that on the American with horrible results.

Lincoln Gray
09-27-2020, 09:49 AM
There is NO shuttle service on the Feather. The RV Park off of Pacific Heights Road used to do so, but I am not sure if they do it anymore. Normally, my clients and I shuttle when I am there guiding.
I did however put a call into a friend who does have a guide license, asking if they would be interested in shuttling. Have not heard back from them.
FISH HARD!!

Ralph
09-27-2020, 12:01 PM
Anyone know of a shuttle service for the feather river? I was told by someone that cabs work but I don’t want to bet on a cab. Tried that on the American with horrible results.

Uber would be much more responsive than a cab.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-27-2020, 05:57 PM
I hear that too Ralph.......

Rossflyguy
09-27-2020, 08:44 PM
Uber would be much more responsive than a cab.

I agree I’m just a little hesitant that the Uber driver won’t drive in the refuge, by then it’ll be too late to figure out a shuttle. Ugh, I just need a power boat already....2 more years.

OceanSunfish
09-28-2020, 12:09 AM
I agree I’m just a little hesitant that the Uber driver won’t drive in the refuge, by then it’ll be too late to figure out a shuttle. Ugh, I just need a power boat already....2 more years.

If it's any consolation, even with "power boat" (jet) the Feather has been a bit hazardous even for the very experienced this season as flows are 2,500 below the outlet.

TahoeJoe
10-05-2020, 08:13 AM
I've tried to use Uber before and could not get a ride. The app just kept reporting that nothing was available.

I have used Torri's taxi on several occasions and she has picked me up in a timely manner. I do call her ahead of time just to be sure that she's up and running and knows that I'll be calling later. I've only gotten picked up at the ramp above the after bay hole. But she claims to know the Wildlife area and will do pickups lower down the river. YMMV

--Joe

Rossflyguy
10-05-2020, 06:18 PM
I've tried to use Uber before and could not get a ride. The app just kept reporting that nothing was available.

I have used Torri's taxi on several occasions and she has picked me up in a timely manner. I do call her ahead of time just to be sure that she's up and running and knows that I'll be calling later. I've only gotten picked up at the ramp above the after bay hole. But she claims to know the Wildlife area and will do pickups lower down the river. YMMV

--Joe

Do you have her info?

TahoeJoe
10-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Do you have her info?
I had to do a web search, I don't seem to have the number in my contacts any more.