Cash only, local pickup only.

Trent Earl
10-28-2020, 08:12 PM
Weinbrenner Felt, Size 11. Used a few times. $25
Weinbrenner Felt, Size 9. Used maybe once. $35
Patagonia Studded Felt, Size 9. Never Used. SOLD
Old style Simms Guide Vest, XL, NWT. $75

Cash only, local pickup only.

Are the size 11 Weinbrenner boots still available.

bonish
10-29-2020, 10:07 PM
Are the size 11 Weinbrenner boots still available.

No, sorry. Went to the neighbor's grandson. I wish Weinbrenner was still in existence as it once was.

Garfish
11-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Hello bonish,

PM sent for the Simms vest.

Gary

DLJeff
11-06-2020, 12:18 PM
No, sorry. Went to the neighbor's grandson. I wish Weinbrenner was still in existence as it once was.

Ditto. I think Weinbrenner's were the best boot for the money. Their one drawback compared to the newer boots is they were heavy.

bonish
11-06-2020, 05:00 PM
Hello bonish,

PM sent for the Simms vest.

Gary

Apologies, didn't see your notification earlier. Just sent reply.

bonish
11-06-2020, 05:01 PM
Ditto. I think Weinbrenner's were the best boot for the money. Their one drawback compared to the newer boots is they were heavy.

But I kind of liked that heavier feel as it made me feel more "grounded". From what I hear, the new Patagonias are like that, but at over $500............

bonish
11-06-2020, 05:02 PM

I also really liked that you could send them back to Weinbrenner to be resoled with new factory soles at a very reasonable price.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-07-2020, 07:43 AM
In their day Weinbrenners were the best and most popular wading boot in America.

They came in felt sole and studded felt sole.

I think size 11 was the best seller, then 12.

At one time I bought 84 pairs of size 8 Weinbrenners.

We sold them to women and youngsters for $20.00 and then we were finally giving them away.

The funny thing is that I am a size 8.5/9 street shoe so I could wear these?

DLJeff
11-07-2020, 08:38 AM
That's one thing the fishing boot manufacturers never did well...size the boot to allow for neoprene booties or socks. You always had to up size by one, one and half, even two sizes or more over your street shoe size. And you always had to try them on to ensure you got the right fit. 3mm neoprene is pretty consistent thickness so you'd think it would not be too difficult to provide a consistent wading boot size or a conversion chart. The last pair of wading boots I bought was at Kiene's - had to get a pair without felt because so many places were outlawing felt. I think I tried on three pair before finally getting the size right.

Sorry for hijacking your thread bonish.

Jake B
11-07-2020, 07:48 PM
Is the best still available?

bonish
11-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Is the best still available?

Sorry, Garfish picked it up earlier today.

bonish
11-07-2020, 10:22 PM
That's one thing the fishing boot manufacturers never did well...size the boot to allow for neoprene booties or socks. You always had to up size by one, one and half, even two sizes or more over your street shoe size. And you always had to try them on to ensure you got the right fit. 3mm neoprene is pretty consistent thickness so you'd think it would not be too difficult to provide a consistent wading boot size or a conversion chart. The last pair of wading boots I bought was at Kiene's - had to get a pair without felt because so many places were outlawing felt. I think I tried on three pair before finally getting the size right.

Sorry for hijacking your thread bonish.

No worries. Good to see others out there missing the good ol' Weinbrenners......I had a pair of their field boots that were really great too.