PDA

View Full Version : My new "old" skiff is coming along nicely now.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-17-2020, 10:55 PM
It is a 1988 Corwin 15'4" with a 6'9" bottom at rear, 900# center console fiberglass outboard skiff made by Enterprise Boats in Rancho

Cordova, California.

It specs out very very near a 15' Boston Whale but with a V-bow.

I think it was purchased new by the CDF&W and used to run around in the Delta and Bays?

As soon as I get more of the cosmetics finished I will take it to Brian at Sutter Marine to install a Yamaha 50hp 4 stroke on it.

Then I need a bow mounted electric motor and a good GPS/Finder.

Tony Buzolich
09-18-2020, 07:54 AM
That looks like a real solid boat with deep sides. Should be fairly stable for casting. Once you get it over to Sutter Marine there will be a stripping basket waiting for you to try out.

Just in time for stripers in the delta and should be perfect to take over to Lawson's Landing.
Tony

Mr T
09-18-2020, 08:06 AM
Looks like a great hull.

Consider a 60 in place of a 50 if possible. I know my 15 did ok w 50, but the addition of 10 hp made a big difference with holeshot and cruising.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2020, 05:55 PM
I got a real good price on a good used Yamaha 50hp 4 stroke or I would love to put a new 60hp on it.......good info Mr T.

I like max HP on boats if the buyer has the budget for it.

They recommend a minimum of 80% Max HP if price is an issue.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2020, 05:56 PM
That looks like a real solid boat with deep sides. Should be fairly stable for casting. Once you get it over to Sutter Marine there will be a stripping basket waiting for you to try out.

Just in time for stripers in the delta and should be perfect to take over to Lawson's Landing.
Tony

I am so appreciative Tony......your stripping buckets are gorgeous and the bomb.......