PDA

View Full Version : 8 foot Metalhead pram

Carl Blackledge
09-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Hey guys,

I have decided to sell my 8 foot Mental head pram...it comes with a #55 pound trust electric motor plus a Yamaha 2.5 gas motor-Sayer oars with brass oar locks plus lots of other little extras...$2500- firm

carlblackiedge@aol.com

Carl Blackledge
09-01-2020, 06:04 PM
If your reading this ---your too late...Pram sold, that didn't take very long.

Carl

Steve S
09-03-2020, 07:02 PM
Carl as I recall from prior posts that you you customized that pram versus a standard Metalhead.
What modifications did you make?

Carl Blackledge
09-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Steve,

I have owned and actually build several Mental heads. I played with every aspect of the design. Some of the biggest aspects were the diamond plate transom, rear motor mounts, custom seat,lightweight bottom and sides, however I ended up with the 100. bottom and 60. sides with 100. transom. I could stand on the seat and cast all day long and still piss out of the back without the pram leaning over dangerously. Very stable and comfortable. The guy that bought it would have paid me anything I asked, very happy a guy liked that bought it :).....If the Salmon up north ever come back I will build another in a heartbeat, however they are gone for good unfortunately.

Carl Blackledge

Steve S
09-03-2020, 11:48 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing the details.

Any modifications to the shape of the hull?

Carl Blackledge
09-04-2020, 12:04 AM
I narrowed the front up just a little, It didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Carl