PDA

View Full Version : Red Lake Report 06/10/2020

BS
06-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Welp, made another jaunt up the hill to feed my Cutthroat addiction.

Left home around 9:30 ish, made the usual stop in Minden to top off the tank, wash the windshield, and pulled into Red just before 11:00.

For those interested, Hope Valley had about 8 cars in the pull-outs on the way up, and on the way back home about the same number and I could only spot one fisher person on the river.

I got the late start cause last week the fish turned on for me around 11:00-noon.......at least I thought. :mad::mad:
If I had a "do-over" today I would have left home at dark and been fishing at first light. :o:o

I suited up and decided to forego the float tube again and wade off of the dam.
I made my first cast right at 11:00 and within a minute I hooked and landed my first fish. :D:D
Well, well, well, the fish were still eating close to the shore like last week.

I started chatting it up with a fellow (Tim from Tahoe) that was fishing out of a float tube.
Tim does look at the board here and he said he'll watch for tonight's report.

Hey Tim..........you need to send me a private e/mail............I've got some information regarding your Pal that was fishing out of the red hobie........... nothing dire......... will probably be good news for him. ;);)

Tim, at one point, said he stopped watching his indicator for a while and was having a blast watching mine disappear pretty regularly.
I think he switched flies closer to what I was using and then he started banging them too.

Well Tim bailed early and just like clockwork again, the fish turned off right around 3:00. :mad::mad:

I started having lower back pains again and packed it up @ 5:30.

So, the fish were eating @ 11:00..........I really would loved to have been there right at sunrise to see if the fish would be eating for nine hours instead of just four hours.....................:confused::confused:
I guess I'll have to get my lazy azz up early for next weeks adventure. :o:o

Numbers-wise, I landed "a couple of bakers dozen", LDR'd a half dozen or so, and missed maybe a dozen strikes. :cool::cool:

The fish were more plentiful today than last week, but DEFINITELY not as large.
Most fish today were in the 14"-18" range with a couple "a bit larger" than that.

In conclusion, it was a good day of fishing for me today.
I caught a bunch of fish, enjoyed the high mountains, and met a new friend. :cool::cool:

For the ride home tonight, 2 small Gatorades, and a Vanilla Coke..................I was kind of dehydrated.....:p

WHEN I got home tonight, the wife had made BB-Q ribs in the crock-pot, and homemade potato salad.
Man...............I'm stuffed now........................;)

Dang Cutthroats..................................

Bob