PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a period correct reel to put on a mint Scott g series 5wt

TaylerW
06-08-2020, 09:52 AM
Hey all,

I recently got my hands on a perfect condition 9' 5wt 4pc g series that still had the original plastic wrapper on the cork. I would really like to find a period correct reel to put on it. Prefer a ross if possible. If anyone has one collecting dust please let me know!

Best -

TW

Bob Loblaw
06-08-2020, 02:21 PM
I think I have your reel.

I recently inherited a Ross Cimarron C-2. Its the original late 1980s model and its mint. It has a sink tip line but I dont think it has ever been fished...but it does have a little collected dust.

Happy to sell or trade.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-08-2020, 02:53 PM
On an old Scott G series most used ratchet reels or click-n-pawl reels.

Hardy Light Weight series in an "LRH" size.

Orvis "CFO III" made by Hardy.

Scientifc Angler System reel #5 or #6 made by Hardy.

If you are using 5x and 6x tippet a click-n-pawl would be great.

If you are suing 3x I would go for the old Ross Gunisson G2

mmrevolver
07-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Sent you a pm

Bob Loblaw
07-22-2020, 08:55 AM
SORRY! just got back from a 2 week road trip. I'll PM you.

Ralph
07-22-2020, 05:29 PM
Hey all,

I recently got my hands on a perfect condition 9' 5wt 4pc g series that still had the original plastic wrapper on the cork. I would really like to find a period correct reel to put on it. Prefer a ross if possible. If anyone has one collecting dust please let me know!

Best -

TW

LRH with a right hand retrieve.

pgw
07-23-2020, 06:38 AM
Ross (Original, Made in Etna, CA) R-2

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-23-2020, 06:56 AM
LRH with a right hand retrieve.

Yes Ralph,

Neil C, Hansen, a founding member of the California Fly Fishermen Unlimited and one of my very old friends loved his LRH.

He had one he fished with and a new one in a box that he never ended up needing or using.