PDA

View Full Version : Ramps are opening.

MThompson
05-15-2020, 01:34 PM
Lot's of good opportunities for you warm water enthusiasts.

Pedro, Melones, Oroville, Folsom, Berry.

The next warming trend will bring on a great top water bite at all these places. This is the time of year where you can find dumb fish in shallow water. The perfect combination.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Here is some feedback to one of the top reservoir bass guys I know.......Dave Hudson:

Bill

This is about the end of fishing in the lower reservoirs, all of which the governor has closed. Only boat ramp that I know is open is at Discover Park. Cathy and I put the boat in there this week just to run it since I have not been out since the end of Feb. Berryessa is my favorite lake this time a year but the ramp at Markley Cove is closed the last time I checked.

Depending on water temperature the next lake for action will be Englebright but it is closed right now I don't know what is going on with Amador, Lake Pardee or Comanche. I have not bothered with Folsom for years because it just gets to windy. Sometimes there is good action at Camp Far West but again I don't know the status.

That is all I know

Dave

Dave Hudson, Home of HUDSON'S FLY FACTORY hudsonsflyfac@sbcglobal.net

MThompson
05-16-2020, 07:25 AM
Pardee and Camanche are open to Calaveras and Amador county residents only.

MThompson
05-16-2020, 12:06 PM
Camanche now open anyone.
Clearlake is now open to anyone. Hopefully these openings spread people out. It's been a cluster at the ramps. I only fish on weekdays and at times it has been as busy as the weekend.

John H
05-18-2020, 08:28 AM
Markley Cove at Berryessa opened to motorized boat launching last Saturday. I don’t have a motorized boat but I may get up there with a kayak this week when the wind flattens out. Shore fishing was pretty nice while the lake was closed to boats. It would be great if they made it a no motors lake but that is likely not happening.

MThompson
05-19-2020, 08:11 AM
What would be so great about making this lake non motorized? Plenty of room for everyone.