PDA

View Full Version : Free to a beginning angler - 5/6wt reel and line

PV_Premier
05-03-2020, 04:28 PM
I have a well used Cabelas RLS+ reel that I’m happy to gift to a new angler, or for someone who’s going to promise me that a kid or a disadvantaged person will use it. It also has a textured SA floating line on it.

I would prefer to hand it off locally in Sac area, but would ship it at cost to the recipient.

Nothing about it is new or sexy but it has a LOT of fish mojo and would be fine for introducing someone to the sport. I have landed a lot of fish on this reel on the Yuba and Feather before I upgraded my everyday driver a few seasons back.

Tony Buzolich
05-06-2020, 06:54 AM
That's a damn nice thing to do.

We all ought to do the same thing and clean out our closets.
Tony

PV_Premier
05-11-2020, 04:45 PM
This is still available. Does anyone have local contact info for a charity who would use this item? I can make it a full rod and reel combo if donating it that way.

Rich Morrison
05-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Not sure where in NorCal you are but you can find your closet chapter and get in touch. Just a fantastic organization...

https://projecthealingwaters.org/programs/locations/southwest/#1463589419896-6c4003d1-d85de6c0-5772de78-9463

Kellen
05-16-2020, 07:13 AM
Hello, I’m interested in your reel if it’s still available. A buddy of mine is currently loading me a setup, but I’d like to get my own and give his back.

I have a well used Cabelas RLS+ reel that I’m happy to gift to a new angler, or for someone who’s going to promise me that a kid or a disadvantaged person will use it. It also has a textured SA floating line on it.

I would prefer to hand it off locally in Sac area, but would ship it at cost to the recipient.

Nothing about it is new or sexy but it has a LOT of fish mojo and would be fine for introducing someone to the sport. I have landed a lot of fish on this reel on the Yuba and Feather before I upgraded my everyday driver a few seasons back.

PV_Premier
05-16-2020, 04:59 PM
Hello, I’m interested in your reel if it’s still available. A buddy of mine is currently loading me a setup, but I’d like to get my own and give his back.

Response sent to your PM, I have a matching rod we could also discuss that I was intending to keep but would let go for modest $

PV_Premier
06-11-2020, 07:08 PM
This item was claimed, no longer available.