PDA

View Full Version : Orvis CFO II Reel with Orvis premium 4WF line

Mark Stinson
04-18-2020, 11:05 PM
*** SOLD***. FS Orvis CFO II Reel Combo: $200

Orvis CFO II Reel with Orvis premium 4WF line: excellent condition (fished 4 times)

Made in the USA.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-19-2020, 05:35 AM
A wonderful reel for a #2, 3 or 4 weight fly rod......a really popular reel for classic trout fishing.

I think back in the 1970s they were made by Hardy for Orvis.....today Orvis has their own reel factory in England or Korea?

Back then trout commando Hal Janssen fished one with about a half of a lead oval, slip sinker epoxied on as a counter balance.

On the Fall river, back in the day, some had a Scott 2 piece G series, the G904, with an Orvis CFO III reel.

When the Sage LL (Light Line series) came out I bought a new 490 in 2 piece a put a CFO III and Cortland peach 444 WF4F.

I took it on a wonderful trip to ID/MT with veteran fly fishers, Don Rotsma and Rick Jorgensen.

chiefstout
04-19-2020, 09:42 AM
Hi Mark
I would like to buy the Reel and Line.
How do you want the payment?
Thanks,
Chiefstout

FS Orvis CFO II Reel Combo: $200

Orvis CFO II Reel with Orvis premium 4WF line: excellent condition (fished 4 times)

Made in the USA.

Mark Stinson
04-19-2020, 09:53 AM
A wonderful reel for a #2, 3 or 4 weight fly rod......a really popular reel for classic trout fishing. I think back in the 1970s they were made by Hardy for Orvis.....today Orvis has their own reel factory in England or Korea? Back then trout commando Hal Janssen fished one with about a half of a lead oval, slip sinker epoxied on as a counter balance. On the Fall river, back in the day, some had a Scott 2 piece G series, the G904, with an Orvis CFO III reel. When the Sage LL (Light Line series) came out I bought a new 490 in 2 piece a put a CFO III and Cortland peach 444 WF4F. I took it on a wonderful trip to ID/MT with veteran fly fishers, Don Rotsma and Rick Jorgensen.

Hi Bill! Yes, there are very nice classic reels (depending on how you define "classic" of course). I don't know where the CFOs were made when I bought it but it was somewhere in the USA.

Mark Stinson
04-19-2020, 09:55 AM
Hi Mark
I would like to buy the Reel and Line.
How do you want the payment?
Thanks,
Chiefstout

Hi Chiefstout! I have one person who asked me earlier this morning ahead of you. If that doesn't go through today, I'll love to sell you this reel. -- Mark

Mark Stinson
04-21-2020, 09:19 PM
Chiefstout,

I just sent you a PM.

Mark