PDA

View Full Version : What are you tying?

TroutHunter10
03-19-2020, 10:08 AM
Since I've been stuck in the house all week, i've used that time to tie up some of my favorite patterns for the lower sac and Pit: Fox Pupas, birds nest variations, pulsating pupas, rubberlegs, dark lords, etc. A great time to experiment tying new patterns or developing new variations of old ones.

What's everyone tying?

BS
03-19-2020, 10:55 AM
Since I've been stuck in the house all week, i've used that time to tie up some of my favorite patterns for the lower sac and Pit: Fox Pupas, birds nest variations, pulsating pupas, rubberlegs, dark lords, etc. A great time to experiment tying new patterns or developing new variations of old ones.

What's everyone tying?

I've been tying some different color combo midges and balanced leeches for Pyramid.........to the point that my fly boxes have runneth over. ;);)

Unfortunately, my Pyramid trip this week was snuffed by last nights snowfall and the wife having to work yesterday/Wednesday and the grandson's school being closed. :mad::mad:

I ordered about $ 90.00 worth of beads, UV resin, and hooks yesterday to keep me tying for awhile. :cool::cool:

I sure hope this is not the new norm. :(:(

I'm outta' here in a few minutes to beat up on some local trout ..................... just because I NEED to get out for a little while. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob

mike borba
03-19-2020, 06:36 PM
Bass flies. Mine are camera shy, so no pictures will be posted. The cold weather has slowed down the fishing in my community's lake, but I'll probably give it a try tomorrow.

hwchubb
03-22-2020, 07:56 AM
This whole thing has actually kind of killed my creative juices and haven’t tied at all in the last couple of weeks. I need to refill my back country box (ants, Royal Wulffs), my soft hackles, and mix some steelhead skaters in to rest my eyes from tying on size 16 and smaller hooks :rolleyes:. I have a blank waiting to be built out as well.

Mr T
03-22-2020, 08:53 AM
Been working on the yard the past couple weeks getting gardens going. Soon- no clue what to tie tho!

John Sv
03-22-2020, 09:05 AM
Bass flies. Mine are camera shy, so no pictures will be posted. The cold weather has slowed down the fishing in my community's lake, but I'll probably give it a try tomorrow.

Lol my flies are camera shy too!!!

MHeuch
03-22-2020, 10:23 AM
some surf flies

I used UV minnow belly on the Clousers. Does not show up in the pic, but looks great under the sunlight.

Mark Kranhold
03-23-2020, 11:08 PM
Sorry me softy’s, smolts and sculpins! 155121551315511

MHeuch
03-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Are the smolts for Am. River Steelhead?

Mark H.