PDA

View Full Version : River suggestions for next week?

Al Baltz
03-14-2020, 02:20 PM
Hi All- I just cancelled my planned trip to AZ for friends and cactus league and that opens up a chance at steelhead. Any recent reports or suggestions? I'm good for nor Cal or southern OR. I'd appreciate your input.

Al

Bwag
03-14-2020, 09:44 PM
By the looks of the forecast which can change daily, at this point you may not have too many options. A tailwater may be doable up high in the system. I'm pretty set in my ways, when it comes to winter fish I wanna smell the salt, needless to say I'll be home.

Should be plenty of fish in the rivers, hooking up with one is a whole different story. Past two years the weather windows were slim, I didn't touch a fish. This year I've made one trip and still haven't, plenty of people upriver from me were doing well, this was mid February and I was as low in the system as you can go. Always good to get out there, fish or not.

TaylerW
03-16-2020, 01:25 PM
How far are you willing to drive?

Al Baltz
03-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Thanks Bwag- I'll let you know where I land. Probably the Klamath at this point.
Al

Al Baltz
03-16-2020, 06:39 PM
I was thinking perhaps to the SF Umpqua. But I'm open. Please send a PM if you can.
Al