PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Report 3/11/2020

BS
03-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Hmmmmmm.................this daylight savings time takes a little getting use to...................

Since the last two weeks fishing had produced fish in the late afternoon/evening for me, I wasn't in a big hurry to get to the lake today. :o:o

Launched from home @ 9:30 and arrived at "that southern beach" @ 10:45 and was greeted by Carmen, Jimmy, a couple of Idaho boys, and ...................................SANTA !!! ;);)

Well the low-down from Carmen was that the fishing was great on Monday, good on Tuesday, and poor this morning........................sure, of course, shoulda' been there yesterday..................:mad::mad:

So, last Monday was the full moon, technically, and Carmen and Jimmy had two very good days during and after the "Big Moon". Hummmmph............figure that one out !!!!!! :mad::mad:

After suiting up and getting ready to hit the water, a fellow off to my left hooked a pretty decent fish.
After a pretty good tussle, the fish came unbuttoned right at his hand.
I yelled over at him "what did he take".
He replied, "A Cherry Bomb".
Then I asked,"Who told you about a Cherry Bomb" ?
He said, "I read about on Kiene's Fly Fishing Board"
I then asked, "What's your screen name on the board"?
He said, "Oh, I don't post. One of our club members told me to read the Pyramid Reports". Then in a split second he asked me, "Are you Bob" ?
I kinda chuckled back, "Yep that's me............. BS".
Well he came over and introduced himself as Mike, and we chatted it up for a good part of the day while fishing.

It seems that Mike was an early arrival for a "Fishout" over the next few days put on by the Santa Cruz Fly Fishing Club.........Hope I got that right Mike. ;);)

It was a pleasure to meet and fish with you today Mike. You're a good Man !!!
I'm sure we'll cross paths again in the future........somewhere.......sometime !!! :D:D

Anyhow........the fishing.............

Carmen "bugged out" early and Jimmy stayed a bit longer before packing it in too.

I landed one "rat" in the late afternoon and had two strikes that didn't connect a bit later.
I really thought the "evening bite", the last hour of light, was going to happen again..................but it never did. :(:(

So, my total for the day was 1 for 3.......................pretty pathetic...........:o:o

I guess I'll be "puttin' some redemption hurt" on the holdovers tomorrow at the local pond. :confused::confused:

For the ride home tonight..........my small thermos of "Creamy Chunky Potato Soup Loaded With Cheddar And Bacon Bits", seasoned with S&P and Tabasco to my liking !!!

Dang Cutthroats........................................ ........

Bob

Pvillarr
03-12-2020, 06:40 AM
So what you are saying is that your cherry bomb is famous lol.

Mr T
03-12-2020, 07:27 AM
Bob I am living vicariously via your reports, so even if you don't have an epic day I'm still glad you went!

BS
03-12-2020, 08:30 AM
Bob I am living vicariously via your reports, so even if you don't have an epic day I'm still glad you went!

I gotta' tell you Mr T, these skunkins', onesies and twosies are becoming "less than palatable" and quite annoying. :mad::mad:

I keep threatening to move where I fish, and perhaps now is the time for that change. :confused::confused:

I guess on the other side of the coin........................you guys are seeing where NOT to fish and doing what I do. :o:o

Bob

Quinnphoto
03-12-2020, 06:43 PM
Maybe some beaches are more oriented fir midging while others are more suited for deep stripping especially by season. I know you work hard Bob covering a lot of area. It could be the contour of that particular beach.