PDA

View Full Version : Balanced leeches

Klaashutter
02-16-2020, 09:50 AM
I have been tying a few balanced leeches. When I air balance these leeches, they typically balance well. When I test these in water, the balance is not as good. It appears to be caused by entrapped air on freshly tied flies. When they sit in water for awhile, the air dissipates and the flies balance well in water also. Can anybody shed some more light on tips. Recommendations and insights are appreciated!

Charlie S
02-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Simple solution....soak your leech in the water before starting. A small cup in the boat with a little water would suffice.

BS
02-16-2020, 11:59 AM
I have been tying a few balanced leeches. When I air balance these leeches, they typically balance well. When I test these in water, the balance is not as good. It appears to be caused by entrapped air on freshly tied flies. When they sit in water for awhile, the air dissipates and the flies balance well in water also. Can anybody shed some more light on tips. Recommendations and insights are appreciated!

If it really concerns you, Charlie's suggestion is a good one.
Me.........I wouldn't even worry about it.
Your BL's will become saturated with water after a couple of casts. :cool::cool:

Check your p/m inbox !!

Since pictures are fun............................

15425 154261542715428

Bob