PDA

View Full Version : WTB Tip section for a Sage DS 690-2 for a friend that broke a special rod

RSK
01-20-2020, 08:25 PM
Went out today and my friend found the tip broken on his rod. The rod is special to him because it was given to him by his late father and was inscribed to him. Told him to contact Sage but thought I'd check around here just in case one is around. I believe it is the older graphite II model, I will have to double check.

Hoping there is a tip section that needs a home out there.

Thanks
Russell

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2020, 08:38 PM
First generation Discovery rods were gray in color and original semi-sanded graphite.

Second generation Discover rods, DS2, where brown in semi-sanded Graphite II.

Chances of buying a just a tip are about "a million in one."

Buy a complete used rod might be possible and then just use the tip.

Getting a tip from Sage for that old of a rod is pretty tough.

Contact Gary Anderson of Anderson Custom Rods to see if he has a tip that might work?

RSK
01-20-2020, 08:55 PM
Yes, the brown semi sanded version if I am remembering right. Hoping for some good Karma.....

tcorfey
01-20-2020, 10:59 PM
Sage will repair older rods,

Here is a link to their repair page the DS is listed as a model they will repair.

http://www.sageflyfish.com/repair-pricing

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2020, 11:11 PM
Very good tcorfey....thanks.

Looks like a new tip section would be $150.

John_N
01-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Let me/us know if you don't get a satisfactory answer from Sage. My father in law has the brown series that Bill is referring to and I'm fairly sure it's a six weight. His fishing days are over unfortunately and my son and I are the heirs to his gear. Hope it works out for you, but if needed, I can double check the rod weight and maybe we can work out a fair price.