PDA

View Full Version : Fishing opportunities near Paradise, CA?

Sheepdog8404
01-20-2020, 09:36 AM
Well, I took the job opportunity that landed me in Chico rather than Humbolt. My time here will be brief and I will be rather busy so don’t worry about me hammering your honey holes if you’re a local. I see a few small lakes and reservoirs just a short drive from Paradise but I was curious if anyone has data on them post-Camp Fire. I know the lower Feather is a great option for this time of year to chase steelhead but I was curious about some bass opportunities and trout. It sounds like the West Branch of the Feather can be good in the summer but a bit of a hump to get in there. Kunkle reservoir is right down the road from me too. Thanks for all the help!

BS
01-20-2020, 11:09 AM
Well, I took the job opportunity that landed me in Chico rather than Humbolt. My time here will be brief and I will be rather busy so don’t worry about me hammering your honey holes if you’re a local. I see a few small lakes and reservoirs just a short drive from paradise but I was curious if anyone has data on them post-camp Fire. I know the lower feather is a great option for this time of year to chase steelhead but I was curious about some bass opportunities and trout. It sounds like the west branch of the feather can be good in the summer but a bit of a hump to get in there. Kunkle reservoir is right down the road from me too. Thanks for all the help!

Check your p/m inbox Sheepdoggie !!!

Bob

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2020, 12:20 PM
Contact Lincoln Gray at the Sierra Stream & Mountain fly shop in Chico.

He knows all the answers to your questions......

Web site: http://www.tie-fast.com/

Sierra Stream & Mountain
847 West 5th Street
Chico, CA 95927
(530) 345-4261

**The Lower Feather river below Oroville has spring run Steelhead in March, April, May that you can catch wading.

**Lake Almanor has Smallmouth bass, Rainbows, Browns and Land Locked Salmon.

MThompson
01-20-2020, 08:01 PM
I hear they catch a few bass in Lake Oroville.

Sheepdog8404
01-20-2020, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the tips, fellas. Can’t wait for a break soon to get out and hit the water.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2020, 11:23 PM
Yes, bass, trout and land locked salmon I think.

Lake Oroville is probably a fall, winter and spring fishery.

Scott Thornley
01-21-2020, 09:48 PM
Not on the way to Paradise, but Deer Creek has always treated me well.

dynaflow
01-22-2020, 02:44 AM
Classic....I want to live in a place called Paradise....lol
Good luck man..

JasonB
01-22-2020, 08:38 AM
Classic....I want to live in a place called Paradise....lol
Good luck man..

Maybe you hadn’t heard about the devastation from the “Camp” Fire? Sadly it is now what Paradise is most famous for now. Hopefully in time the community will rebuild, and the forests will slowly come back too. It is a classic name, but the irony is pretty sad for now.
JB

wineslob
02-05-2020, 08:53 PM
Maybe you hadn’t heard about the devastation from the “Camp” Fire? Sadly it is now what Paradise is most famous for now. Hopefully in time the community will rebuild, and the forests will slowly come back too. It is a classic name, but the irony is pretty sad for now.
JB

Ya, for all intents it's "gone".

BS
02-05-2020, 09:36 PM
Ya, for all intents it's "gone".

And you would know too. :(:(

Some of you may or may not remember that Mr. wineslob was a Paradise resident when the "Camp Fire" broke out.

Luckly, he, his wife, and pets, NARROWLY escaped the devistation.

I thought of you when this thread started and hope that you and your family have gotten back to "some normalcy". :):)

Hopefully, you've been able to wet a line a time or two over the last year as well. :):)

Good to see you posting. :cool::cool:

Bob

wineslob
02-07-2020, 10:48 PM
And you would know too. :(:(

Some of you may or may not remember that Mr. wineslob was a Paradise resident when the "Camp Fire" broke out.

Luckly, he, his wife, and pets, NARROWLY escaped the devistation.

I thought of you when this thread started and hope that you and your family have gotten back to "some normalcy". :):)

Hopefully, you've been able to wet a line a time or two over the last year as well. :):)

Good to see you posting. :cool::cool:

Bob

Thanks Bob. It's been a "road" that's for sure. I was been able to get out this past summer quite a few times and I'm going to try the Yuba for the first time tomorrow. In all the years I've lived in the North State, I've never fished it.

To the OP, I believe Butte Creek is probably fishable. Last I was up there, two weeks ago, it was running high but not that bad.