PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a drift boat buddy!

Skyler76
12-29-2019, 06:21 PM
So, I bought a drift boat. It's a 17x60, two up front config. I suddenly (not really) came to the realization that I don't have a clue about rowing nor know the correct routes through river(s) technical areas. I am not new to boats at all but new to rowing on a river.

I typically swing. This means stopping, getting out fishing a run and moving on. I want to put that upfront because although I will nymph from the boat, that's certainly not my primary focus. If you are super into nymphing that's great and I'm more than happy for you to do that but the boat will be stopping.

I am not looking for a pro guide, just someone who knows the local rivers from the boat perspective and maybe has some rowing experience. With AR flows being low and SH season just starting up I can't think of a better time to learn.

The boat has a small engine on the back which should be capable of pushing us back up through deeper runs but probably not all the way back to launch unless we did a really small drift that avoided shallow water or rapids.

I fish once or twice a week. The immediate interests are AR, Yuba and potentially Feather. Once I'm more comfortable with the boat, rowing and navigating through technical sections I will be open to a lot more.

I look forward to hearing from you! The best way to reach me is via text or call - 916-623-5552