PDA

View Full Version : We are up and running thanks to Gregg Machel............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2019, 12:09 AM
Thanks Gregg

We will be working on making the forum look better as we go on.

Welcome back everyone.....

Fly Guy Dave
04-11-2019, 06:28 AM
Glad you're back online again. :D

Larry S
04-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Bill,
The best to you and Gregg.
Larry S
Sun Diego

avidangler
04-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Wonderful! Best fly fishing forum I know of!

Bob G
04-11-2019, 07:16 AM
Congratulations for accomplishing this feat!

Thank You, Bob

JasonB
04-11-2019, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys! I’ve missed browsing this forum

BS
04-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Yay !!!!!!!!! :D

Thank you Gregg and Bill.

Nice to be back here again !!!

Bob

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Thanks Fly Guy Dave.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Wow....we made it Larry. S.....thanks for your continued support.

Gregg and I are going to be doing some mild improving as we get ime.

The main thing is we were able to save all the old posts......and did not loose Oregon Salmon/Galen Geller's great works.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Thanks Avid Angler...............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Thanks BS.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Congratulations for accomplishing this feat!

Thank You, Bob

We made it Bobby.......we did not loose all of our great posts......our history.

How is the weather in CO?

Tony Buzolich
04-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Just got your e-mail this morning and thought I'd be the first to say "Thank You" but obviously there are a lot of happy members waiting for this to happen too.

Anyway, thank you Bill, and glad it's back up and going.
Tony

Mark Kranhold
04-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Awesome, thanks for the email Bill! A big thanks Bill and Gregg for keeping the best Fishing Forum alive! Welcome back everyone!!!!

sixrivers
04-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Thank you Bill! Didn't realize I missed lurking here as much as I do:)
Like your home page as well.

BumpBailey
04-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Thanks Bill. I missed all y'all the last couple of weeks! I actually got some work done though! Let's not let that happen again, bosses might start expecting more out of me!

rhilliard
04-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Bill, we’re soooo glad you brought this forum back, good on you my friend!

Bob G
04-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Biily -

Yesterday we had our second Cyclonic Bomb, two of these here in Colorado over the past month. However, until yesterday I had fished an hour or two almost every day over fish feeding on Midges...A few Blue Winged Olives starting to show here on the Poudre River in the Fort Collins Valley.

Cold and windy today, snow tomorrow, and then back to the Poudre on Saturday.

Best Regards, Bob

Dave E.
04-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Way to go Gregg & Bill,

From what I've read around the net, this will come as welcome news to many.

Dave

Carl Blackledge
04-11-2019, 11:51 AM
BILL,

I take my hat off to you SIR for stepping forward when others backed up...well done on the forum.

Carl Blackledge

PS Bill I will try and get a few sponsors for you.

Ron B
04-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Really appreciate having the forum back, Bill!! Thanks!!

Carl Blackledge
04-11-2019, 05:30 PM
Bill-Gregg,

Very happy the board is up and running. I went into my picture gallery and all my pictures are gone, I tried to post more pictures and it wouldn't let me, will that be something you will fix so I can post pictures in the future?

Thanks again- Carl Blackledge

stanbery
04-11-2019, 06:42 PM
Glad the forum is back up and running.

jon

Bill Markwood
04-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. My mornings have been a little empty w/o this forum.

BobVP
04-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Along with everyone else: Congratulations on the "New and Improved" forum.

dave earl
04-11-2019, 06:59 PM
yep this Forum was sorely missed by me and guys I know

Gregg Machel
04-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Carl,
I tried to use the same files from the old site, but it did not work. I have all of the old files, most likely including the photos you speak of, but it's not built into the current version of the forum software.

Bill-Gregg,

Very happy the board is up and running. I went into my picture gallery and all my pictures are gone, I tried to post more pictures and it wouldn't let me, will that be something you will fix so I can post pictures in the future?

Thanks again- Carl Blackledge

Here's a quick run down of what had to happen, and what is yet to come.

The folks at the new Kiene's Fly Shop were awesome and sent me a copy of the database, and the old file structure of this forum. Huge thanks to those guys there, you are awesome!

So I tried to just plug and play, but ran into several issues. I took this opportunity to upgrade the software to the latest patch, there have been a few since this was last updated, so now we are at the most current version available to us. As a result, a lot of the old configuration is gone, and perhaps some photos/icons.

Now, in the URL it states "Not secure", but this is because the forum isn't encrypted. This never used to be an issue, but with modern sites it is now expected that most everything is encrypted with "https" vs. "http". I can assure you that your data here is safe, there is nothing to worry about. That being said, I still plan to fix this, but when I tried, even after getting a new security certificate for this site, it broke all of the styles here and made the forum unusable. Didn't feel like fixing this after a whole evening of getting the forum back up! :) I will be working on this in the next few days to get everything up to modern day standards and get rid of the "Not secure" message you might see in your browser.

Next thing after that is Bill wants to upgrade his template on his regular site, then I will make this forum match that site and make it all fit again.

As of now, the site should be fully functional and usable, just not "perfect". Let me know if you find any issues, and I will look into it.

I have been out of the scene for a while because when Bill sold his shop, they already had a guy like me that Gary worked with and didn't need two of us. I bowed out after seeing that the other guy was quite capable, and honestly needed a break anyway. Now I'm back with Bill and we have the band back together again! :)

Langenbeck
04-11-2019, 08:26 PM
As a 14 year member am very pleased the forum is back without loosing old files. Many thanks to Bill and Greg.

Gregg Machel
04-11-2019, 08:38 PM
I just noticed the picture of my son in my profile. He's in his mid 20's now and is already an Army Veteran! How time flies.

Carl Blackledge
04-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess that means we can't post pictures anymore. I just tried again and it wouldn't let me.

Carl

Gregg Machel
04-12-2019, 07:19 AM
Sorry Carl, replied to you without answering your question. Lots of things on my mind I guess ...

I'll make it so you can post pictures, probably over the weekend.

Thanks for the reply. I guess that means we can't post pictures anymore. I just tried again and it wouldn't let me.

Carl

Carl Blackledge
04-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Thank you,

Carl Blackledge

yubaman
04-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Great to see the site back!!!! If there is ever a need for financial support of the site, I think you can see that the member response would be overwhelming.

Pvillarr
04-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Glad to see the forum back Bill!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Great to see the site back!!!! If there is ever a need for financial support of the site, I think you can see that the member response would be overwhelming.

Thanks Yuba Man.....

Actually I still book fly fishing travel, now working with Flywater Travel in Ashland , Oregon.

If anyone has me book them into one of the many fine destination that they represent I can make some money to help keep the message board running.

https://www.flywatertravel.com/

Take a look at all the places Flywater represent....

PS: Flywater is now owned by Far Bank/Sage/Redington/Rio

**This year I have booked a lot of people into Morrison's Lodge on the Rogue River and booked some with Speywater guide service for the Grande Ronde River. All fall Steelheading....

My two main travel specialties are tropical salt water and Steelhead.....

mmrevolver
04-16-2019, 09:19 AM
Bill,

Congratulations and a big thanks. Very happy no Facebook account needed.

Ard
05-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Although I wasn't a constant fixture here I was sad when I learned it was closing. Now I'm aware that you are still here and will be checking regularly to see what's up down south of me.

Ard