PDA

View Full Version : C.G.R. Fiberglass Fly Rods

JAWallace
02-22-2019, 05:27 PM
The general consensus in the glass community is these are the best value today in glass fly rods. These are made and sold by Cabelas, you can search for some reviews, they are just great for the price. I would rate them as slow, even for glass.

I've stocked up on Swift Epics and no longer fish these. New they are $70.
Take either/both for $50 each, they are as new. Will ship for $11.

CGR 6'2" 2 wt. 3 piece
I fished this once in the pond behind Folsom High. I actually got the rhythm down to cast a regular size popper on a 3 wt. floater, and WOW. I got bass to about 10" and it was FUN! This is a parabolic rod, don't expect otherwise, and is fine for panfish and small bass, and of course small trout in streams. This rod has been fished only once.

CGR 7' 4/5 wt. 3 piece
This is probably the fastest of the CGR rods, but at best it's medium action. I hooked and landed an 11 lb. trout in the Comanche pond two years ago with it. To say the rod was maxed out would be an understatement, but I did land the pig. This fishes like a 4 but obviously has some backbone. This rod has been fished twice, both times in Comanche.

$50 each

Pics on request but they are 100% as new with Cordura sectioned tubes.
They are returnable. Fish them for a few days, don't like 'em, bring 'em back.

JAWallace
06-19-2019, 09:32 AM
These are still available. Sorry I missed some PMs, but have responded. First $50 takes either, thanks.