PDA

View Full Version : Feather Report

cyama
01-19-2019, 05:09 PM
The Feather in Oroville is brown mud 3" of visibility. There were a couple of guys swinging spey rods, but I think they were just practicing.

Anyone drive over to the Yuba to check clarity? Deer Creek is at 189...

PV_Premier
01-19-2019, 05:29 PM
Englebright spilled over the top so Yuba is likely also out. It’s not over spilling anymore so if tomorrow’s rain is light it might fish by next weekend.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Andy Guibord said we are have a 'good' winter run of Steelhead in the a Lower American River so far.

In past years February has even been better than January.

Flow is about 1,800 cfs which is very good for wading.

I have not gotten an email yet about i going up.

I think October/November is Steelhead time on the Lower Feather River.

March/April is another good window for SH action.

PV_Premier
01-20-2019, 08:14 AM
I know little to nothing of flow rates on the American but when I drove over the H street bridge on Friday it sure looked higher than what the gauge reports at 1800.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2019, 10:49 AM
I know little to nothing of flow rates on the American but when I drove over the H street bridge on Friday it sure looked higher than what the gauge reports at 1800.

In the Lower part of the river it looks high because it is back up against the Sacramento River that is high.

Above Watt Avenue it would be nice wading.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2019, 10:52 AM
Lincoln Gray and his brother Lance are two of the top fly fishing guides on the Lower Feather River.

Lincoln just responded to my email about the best times to fish it for Steelhead:

"Mid October to Mid January and the mid February thru March."

This is accurate up to date info......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-20-2019, 05:59 PM
This is Lance Grays recommendations for the timing of the Lower Feather River for Steelhead:

"October-November & March-April."

The Lower Feather River has the best runs of King salmon and Steelhead in the Sacramento drainage.