PDA

View Full Version : Rods and Reels for sale

Baja Fly Fisher
01-11-2019, 02:16 PM
I"m selling off a few of my rods and reels to make room for more rods and reels. I'm getting back into the bass scene with the conventional reels, bait casters. No, I'm not quitting fly fishing, just going back to my younger years. With my bad shoulder, it's much easier throwing the worm, frog, crank bait, etc. I'm not a purist, never have been and never will be.

Anyway here's what I have for this session:

Reels:

TFO BVK III+ 225 yds of 20# backing with a WF10FF $160.00 includes shipping

TFO Prizm 9/10 $65.00 + shipping

Hatch 9 plus Finatic Large Arbor, clear/black, 9/11 line. $345.00 includes shipping. SOLD!
Rods:

TFO BVK. 9' 9wt. cloth bag included $140.00 plus shipping. SOLD!

TFO BVK 9' 12wt. cloth bag included $165.00 plus shipping

TFO Axiom II 9' 12wt. Brand new, $ 180.00 plus shipping [COLOR="#FF0000"]SOLD!

If you're interested in any of the items above, send me an email or pm....

Thanks for looking.......watch for more items

Jay

Bkane
01-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Thought you had the shoulder fixed?

Woodman
01-11-2019, 08:50 PM
PM sent on the TFO 9 weight

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Hatch 9 plus Finatic Large Arbor, clear/black, 9/11 line. $345.00 includes shipping

Jay, these are $800.00 new??????????

Plus they are at the top of many's list???????????

Am I wrong?

Baja Fly Fisher
01-12-2019, 04:00 AM
I was scheduled for shoulder replacement this past November but after talking to 2 different orthopedic surgeons who were on my trips and asked them if they would do it.. They said "NO". The hardest surgery to do and the longest recovery time. They also said I wouldn't have full motion and if I were to take my cast too far back a possibility it could pop out of joint. My last visit to my orthopedic surgeon I also asked him the same question. He said "He wouldn't" As long as I have the movement that I have, I would be OK. I get the cortizone shots every four months and it works. The best thing I have been using is the KT tape. That works better than shots, it's not a fix but I have movement both vertical and horizontal. I have no idea why the KT tape works but it does.
I was on a walk yesterday morning and stepped on a SMALL rock and kinda tweaked my knee. Took me a long time to get back home. I was using a crutch to walk around, then decided to get on the internet and see if they had info on using the KT tape on knees. I put 2 strips on and bingo no pain and I was walking. This morning (2:30am) I still don't have any pain. We'll see how it holds up at work.

Baja Fly Fisher
01-12-2019, 04:04 AM
Bill, you are correct. I consider it used and have 2 more. I'm buying a bait caster reel almost for the price I'm selling this reel for.
It's been fun fishing the "dark side". I don't plan on giving up fly fishing and never would.

FISHEYE
01-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Jay, I will take the Hatch reel. I'll send you an email too.

steveg137
01-12-2019, 08:39 PM
I use tape on my knees def big help

Bkane
01-14-2019, 05:41 PM
Work? Is that what you call fishing?

cs2824
01-29-2019, 10:03 PM
I"m selling off a few of my rods and reels to make room for more rods and reels. I'm getting back into the bass scene with the conventional reels, bait casters. No, I'm not quitting fly fishing, just going back to my younger years. With my bad shoulder, it's much easier throwing the worm, frog, crank bait, etc. I'm not a purist, never have been and never will be.

Anyway here's what I have for this session:

Reels:

TFO BVK III+ 225 yds of 20# backing with a WF10FF $160.00 includes shipping

TFO Prizm 9/10 $65.00 + shipping

Hatch 9 plus Finatic Large Arbor, clear/black, 9/11 line. $345.00 includes shipping. SOLD!
Rods:

TFO BVK. 9' 9wt. cloth bag included $140.00 plus shipping. SOLD!

TFO BVK 9' 12wt. cloth bag included $165.00 plus shipping

TFO Axiom II 9' 12wt. Brand new, $ 180.00 plus shipping [COLOR="#FF0000"]SOLD!

If you're interested in any of the items above, send me an email or pm....

Thanks for looking.......watch for more items

Jay

Jay,
I too have never given up pitching Worms, Texas rigged, Dropshot, Crankbaits and my favorite, Spinner Baits! Turning 60 in a month, I will always have my Two Handed Rods swinging for anything that will eat a swung Fly. BTW, CBD and Cannabis Rubs work really good on the back and shoulders :-)

Baja Fly Fisher
01-30-2019, 02:24 PM
I'm on the search for some of the CBD oil. I'll be visiting a shop tomorrow. I know it's expensive but if it works, I'll pay the price.
Better than having the complete shoulder replaced. If I was 30 years younger and had more time on this planet I would have it done. I went today to get a shot in the shoulder so i could move it but was told that I needed my PCP to send a referral. REFERRAL, shit I've been doing this shot thing for the past 2 years and never had to redo a doctors referral. So now I guess I'll try the oil and maybe some wacky weed, since it's legal

FISHEYE
01-31-2019, 11:20 AM
I was listening to a radio program a few days ago and the essence was that there is no scientific evidence that CBD oil works. I hope you try some weed in Mexico. I'd like to see what you are like stoned. :o

JasonB
01-31-2019, 11:52 AM
I was listening to a radio program a few days ago and the essence was that there is no scientific evidence that CBD oil works. I hope you try some weed in Mexico. I'd like to see what you are like stoned. :o

That is true, though slightly misleading: there currently just isn’t sufficient data to conclusively prove much about CBD oil either way. Hopefully that will change soon. There is a lot of very promising anecdotal evidence, just not enough hard data just yet. The FDA has approved its use for epilepsy, which is very encouraging. I do know from several friends and family members that they personally felt substantial relief from inflammation (back, shoulder, knee, wrist, elbow, neck). We recently had a major scare when our dog started having clusters of seizures, we gradually shifted him from phenobarbital to CBD oil and so far so good. A bit too early to say for sure how effective it is at preventing seizures (none so far), but his coat sure has improved and his chronic shoulder pain has subsided substantially. I really didn’t expect such visible and tangible results. I wouldn’t hesitate to try it myself, about the only real risk involved is the high cost...

A bit off topic. Back on topic, very happy with the rod and the flies! Thanks again Jay.
JB

EricO
01-31-2019, 05:03 PM
Charlotte's Web strain. This little girl was having epileptic seizures and they
named the cannabis strain after her. I think there was a Netflix documentary too.

Pretty amazing the results for her. This is an interesting read:

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/colorado-marijuana-blog/article/charlottes-web-the-strain-thats-saving-lives/

I have a few friends that use CBD cream for their aches and pains and like the results.

Eric

cs2824
02-05-2019, 11:03 PM
I'm on the search for some of the CBD oil. I'll be visiting a shop tomorrow. I know it's expensive but if it works, I'll pay the price.
Better than having the complete shoulder replaced. If I was 30 years younger and had more time on this planet I would have it done. I went today to get a shot in the shoulder so i could move it but was told that I needed my PCP to send a referral. REFERRAL, shit I've been doing this shot thing for the past 2 years and never had to redo a doctors referral. So now I guess I'll try the oil and maybe some wacky weed, since it's legal

Cannabis/THC RUbs are legit, they are not cheap, but well worth it! My Mom who is 87, is using it and loves it! There is also Weed and CBD Weed that works well and fast. Weed is not about just getting stoned nowadays ;-)

I'm sure there is a Dispensary near you, if not go to Weedmaps for info....

Baja Fly Fisher
02-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the info.

Tony Buzolich
02-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Hey Jay,

Remember a few years ago everyone was using DMSO. I think it was horse liniment and you got it from your vet. You can still get it over the counter at Tractor Supply.
Tony

Baja Fly Fisher
02-06-2019, 03:00 PM
I've tried that. Going to hit the CBD if that doesn't work, going to smoke the weed, if that doesn't work ?????

Lorit
02-26-2019, 01:12 PM
My brother had chronic back pain that we just didn’t try therapeutic massages and fitness and stretch marks, now we try cbd.market/cbd-liposomes (https://cbd.market/cbd-liposomes), the dosage was doubled and the pain was gone, the product is super! But I want to know if addiction occurs with prolonged use of this oil?

Mark Kranhold
02-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Jay, I’ve had two shoulder surgeries and I’m sold on this! Shane nailed it on this balm, works better than any pharmaceutical I’ve had. Massage it in really well and you can feel a difference in no time!
http://www.thedudebalm.com/

Baja Fly Fisher
02-26-2019, 09:56 PM
The CBD oil works, I use it every day and very little if no shoulder pain. I'm also using the KT tape on my shoulder.
Now the question is, is it legal to travel with. I'm sure it will be OK in the US but what about traveling home from Baja
Not sure if the Mexican TSA will pass this. Wouldn't want to get pulled aside and thrown in jail for something that's legal.
I guess I better start doing some research
Jay

Mark Kranhold
02-27-2019, 12:40 AM
The CBD oil works, I use it every day and very little if no shoulder pain. I'm also using the KT tape on my shoulder.
Now the question is, is it legal to travel with. I'm sure it will be OK in the US but what about traveling home from Baja
Not sure if the Mexican TSA will pass this. Wouldn't want to get pulled aside and thrown in jail for something that's legal.
I guess I better start doing some research
Jay
Jay my buddy Shane just got done making 1,000 promo balms to take with him to Costa Rica this week, so it must be. Mexico on the other hand...sometimes they’ll just hassle you to get some $$$ from you.

JasonB
02-27-2019, 07:44 AM
Great to hear your shoulder is feeling better; that’s great news. Hate to say it, but I’d be a bit nervous traveling internationally with it. Legal or not, I could see hassles with customs agents. Mostly I’d be concerned about having the oil confiscated, “fines” being levied, delays causing missed connections, etc. Not sure about the oil you are using but the stuff we give our dogs smells pretty strongly like pot. Might be helpful to have a note from your doctor? Well labeled bottles, with website loaded on your phone? I hope you are able to travel comfortably with it though.
Good luck!