PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Report 12/20/2018

BS
12-20-2018, 09:21 PM
I had another chance to fish Pyramid today.

I fished at a "southern beach":cool: that I like to frequent.................how's that.....................:p

On the water @ 7:45 a.m. and off @ 4:30 p.m. tonight.

The fishing was VERY SLOW for all of the fly fishermen today.
It looked like 1-3 fish per fly fisherman for an all day effort.

I went 2 for 3 with an indy rig.
Both fish I landed liked a red snow-cone midge.
First and second fish and LDR after 1:00 p.m..
No love for balanced leeches, minnows, or nymphs.
Additionally, there was no love stripping buggers, leeches, or beetles, AND I brought and used my spinning rod and got nothing tugging buggers, leeches and beetles with it either.

Now, had I brought a 4 inch, 3/4 ounce silver/white with pink highlights spoon, I may have been able to go "toe to toe" with a fellow I watched land 9, and LDR a good dozen plus, AND THEN went home early. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Some days just are soooo frustrating,

Bob

John H
12-24-2018, 09:36 AM
BS -

Thanks for all the reports. You are a determined angler. I like your clock punching mentality. Seems like you need to have that at Pyramid. I personally have lost that mentantality and the last few times I have been there I have taken a long walk on the northwest shoreline with my dog making some casts whenever I see an enticing spot. Not a very productive way to fish but I enjoy it. I do have to keep an eye out for coyotes that might want to kill my dog. Hopefully you will find a ten pounder in your stocking. You deserve one.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-24-2018, 09:46 AM
When I started fly fishing about 50 years ago an old timer said, "Keep your fly wet."

Another said, "Keep your fly in the water."

Somebody told me, "You can't catch them if you don't go."

When my fly shop was small and I was the guy so I told people that out of about 6 trip you should hit something.

Sadly, many can't really put the time in to get good or get better.

When I was young in the sporting goods business I hunted and fish almost daily.

I was lucky to get to fish with real good fly fishers like Joe Shirshac, Al Perryman, Bob Giannoni and many others including top guides.

Thanks for the great reports....