PDA

View Full Version : Any Fish in the creeks by Mount Patterson?

Sheepdog8404
12-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Thinking of taking a camping trip next summer to the Mount Patterson area. This is the same small mountain range with Lobdell Lake. Most of the tiny creeks seem like they'd be devoid of fish but I figured there might be a small chance at some little guys. Thanks for the help!

PV_Premier
12-05-2018, 08:18 PM
No first hand experience but I’d expect the ones that flow into the Walker river system have fish if the flows and water temperatures remain reasonable year round.

Woodman
12-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Thinking of taking a camping trip next summer to the Mount Patterson area. This is the same small mountain range with Lobdell Lake. Most of the tiny creeks seem like they'd be devoid of fish but I figured there might be a small chance at some little guys. Thanks for the help!

Lobdell Lake. Haven't heard that name for a while...I suspect there are no longer grayling up there with the way that reservoir was routinely drained. Later there were some nice Kamloops trout.

Don't know about those streams, but wouldn't be surprised if there are a few trout around. There's a Department of Fish and Wildlife biologist in Bishop (whose name I can't remember right now) who was very helpful to me in researching some out of the way places a few years ago.

Sheepdog8404
12-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the help! I figured the creeks that feed the West Walker should have some fish in em. The Grayling in Lobdell would sure have been fun to catch but after a bit of digging and searching online has given me the same expectation that no Grayling are likely to have remained in that lake for quite some time now.