PDA

View Full Version : Made it out.

wineslob
11-21-2018, 01:24 AM
Well I have the unfortunate (?) distinction of having survived the Camp Fire.

I did manage to save a hand full of rods, (bamboo and a couple of graphite's), my BMW, my Jeep w/trailer, our 3 cats and a few boxes of papers and pictures. House is now a pile of ash. My wife drove the BMW out, and, as far as I'm concerned, the car saved her life. We both had to drive through the fire, me in a cloth top Jeep. At one point I didn't think I'd make it.

We have a place to live, but 99.9% of the people of Paradise don't, so in that way, feel very lucky.

I'll post again in a while, but it'll be a long road to recovery.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-21-2018, 05:58 AM
We have a good friend who made it out with her two sons and dogs but lost everything else.

They have gone to Oregon to live with her brother now.

Very, very sad situation.

TaylerW
11-21-2018, 07:53 AM
Hey there,

While I cant offer much in the way of financial assistance to victims of this tragedy, I'd love to take you out on a free guided trip to get your mind off things. Shoot me a call when your ready to get out on the water. I have everything we will need.

Thoughts are with you all!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-21-2018, 08:27 AM
That is a very nice thing to do for these fire victoms.

Tayler Wells is one of Nor Cal's best and most respected fly fishing guides.

Thanks.....

BS
11-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Wineslob,

Thank you for checking in.

My thoughts were and are with you and all of the residents "on the ridge" during this tragedy.

As a former Paradise and Magalia resident, the wife and I always had in the back of our minds "when" and not "if" this were to happen.

I'm so thrilled you and your family "made it out".

Sadly though, a pal that I use to fish with along with and his 90 year old mother are on the missing list.

I'm sure Thanksgiving has a meaning to you that most of us will never understand.

Once again, Thank You for checking in.

Bob

slage
11-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Glad to hear you made it. Why don't you start a list of fly gear, or outdoor gear in general you may need. I'm sure this forum could fill it for you quickly.

Best,
Scott

Ted S.
11-22-2018, 09:16 AM
Wow. Unbelievable nightmare. Glad you, your wife, and your critters made it out safe!!

Puts things in perspective for those of us who didn't have to go through a disaster like this...

Dick
11-22-2018, 10:02 AM
Glad that you and your wife made it safely out. Our hearts go out to you and all of the folks affected by this terrible fire.

Mark Kranhold
11-22-2018, 02:42 PM
Glad you are safe and sorry for your loss! This was so devastating!!

wineslob
12-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Hey there,

While I cant offer much in the way of financial assistance to victims of this tragedy, I'd love to take you out on a free guided trip to get your mind off things. Shoot me a call when your ready to get out on the water. I have everything we will need.

Thoughts are with you all!

Thank you so much. Things like this are better than money. Possibly this spring.......right now work is 6-7 days a week, and I'm dealing with insurance.

wineslob
12-02-2018, 11:09 PM
Wineslob,

Thank you for checking in.

My thoughts were and are with you and all of the residents "on the ridge" during this tragedy.

As a former Paradise and Magalia resident, the wife and I always had in the back of our minds "when" and not "if" this were to happen.

I'm so thrilled you and your family "made it out".

Sadly though, a pal that I use to fish with along with and his 90 year old mother are on the missing list.

I'm sure Thanksgiving has a meaning to you that most of us will never understand.

Once again, Thank You for checking in.

Bob

I hope with the reduction of the missing, that your friends are on the "found ok" list.

I'm going to start rebuilding my fly tying, slowly, as nothing made it. Friends of the family that know me are sending checks with the stipulation that I use a portion to get materials and equipment again.
The areas that I love to fish, as far as I can tell, remain untouched by the fire except for the NFF below the Poe power dam. Still it gives me a "future" to look forward to.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words.

ErikB
12-03-2018, 05:25 AM
Wineslob,
Very sorry to hear that you got caught up in that terrible fire that happened. I can't even imagine loosing almost everything like you did but glad you and wife and animals made it out. If you would like to send me your address I would be happy to send you a lot of tying materials. I have more than I can ever use and would love to be able to help you out.

Thanks,
Erik

John Sv
12-03-2018, 05:12 PM
I have some hooks and some feathers too!

wineslob
12-03-2018, 06:54 PM
glad you and wife and animals made it out

Thank you, everyone. I never thought my cats would be such a comfort, but the little buggers can really sense that my wife and I need them, they won't leave us alone..........