PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an 8' pram

supercat
11-18-2018, 07:17 PM
I am in the market for an 8' pram.

Please call or email if you have one that you would like to sell.

Tim 831-426-4683
tim@bigsurstyles.com

Carl Blackledge
11-18-2018, 07:57 PM
Would you be interested in a Mental head fully loaded---I have an electric and a new Yamaha 2.5 4 stroke also with new Sawyer oars ?

carlblackiedge@aol.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-19-2018, 05:06 AM
How much Carl?

Carl Blackledge
11-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Bill,

I am asking $1400. It comes with my 55 # thrust electric motor and new battery, all the anchors and ropes...I can send pictures

Carl Blackledge
11-19-2018, 05:52 PM
Guys-

Looks like my boat has been SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...I will take back up offers

Carl

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-20-2018, 05:35 AM
The Metal Head prams are very nice.....

Carl Blackledge
11-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Hey Bill,

I backed out of the deal, I was offered $1500.00 less the gas motor, I told the very nice guy I would sell it, then I called him back and said I changed my mind, My wife told me she would kill me if I sold it, I had about a dozen or so Metal head's custom built and reworked the bottom of the hull till I got the design just like I wanted it, A good rowing boat and would haul ass with a motor with out plowing. On these small boats every time you change something you lose something so I ended up with a very happy compromise.

Carl Blackledge

Ed Wahl
11-20-2018, 09:38 PM
I see you kept the diamond plate seat. That's the one thing I like best about the one I bought from you. I spend way more time casting and scouting for fish while standing on the seat than on the floor. Way more stable than onlookers suspect, as they're always asking me if I'd ever fallen out.(I haven't) I only use a 50lb thrust e-motor on mine as I need to adjust position almost constantly while striper fishing in the American. I agree with your wife, other boats can come and go but my pram is here to stay.

Ed Wahl

Carl Blackledge
11-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Ed,

The pram I sold you was an original Metal head pram square back. with a custom made seat/casting platform. When you were looking at my pram I explained to you how that seat will fold back and a large clear plastic box fits in that space under the seat (great place to store your rain jacket, lunch and thermos ) I also carried that same seat design into all the new prams I had manufactured. As you know your seat/platform is very stable and if you ever flipped the boat, that box full of air would prevent you pram from sinking. This year on the Smith River a guy turned his pram over and they lost it for about a week before a skin diver found it for him. I myself love a well made aluminum boat and the weight isn't a issue because when your in the water your boat is as light as a feather.

Very happy you like your pram.

Carl Blackledge

troutfly1
12-02-2018, 11:52 PM
I have a metalhead pram that is collecting dust in my driveway for a while. Its got a set of oars, two anchors and ropes, an electric motor that I have not used and a (probably worn out) battery. It's sitting on a trailer that's also currently licensed and registered (California) but needs a bearing or at least some grease on one of the wheels. I have legit title to both. I live in Walnut Creek. If you are interested, contact me at troutfly1@sbcglobal.net I am not on this board regularly so please e-mail. Stu