PDA

View Full Version : Bali

Jake B
11-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any info on fishing there? My wife won a scuba dive trip there and we have a couple free days Thanks JB

mems
11-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Learn to surf

Petundra
11-12-2018, 02:08 PM
I travel to Bali a couple times a year for business there is not much in the way of good fly fishing due to over-fishing and pollution. You can go trolling with conventional gear, which can be good at times, but to hit the best fly fishing you need to go to the other islands. Most of these islands are located in eastern Indonesia or the outer islands off Bali, on the eastern side of the Indian Ocean. These are much more remote and difficult to get to, but have not been hammered by over-fishing like Bali, Java And Lombok. But if you want to give it a try, I would venture to the east/south east end of Bali, which also has the best diving and is probably where your wife's diving trip will be. Have fun, lots to see for such a tiny island. if you need any suggestions let me know I have been pretty much everywhere surfing, diving,hiking,eating and partying etc... And like Don said the surf is the best in the world!!!!

Adam

Jake B
11-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Learn to surf

Haha. Thanks for the info. After 3 back surgeries in last couple years I think I’ll drink on the beach and watch the surfers

Jake B
11-15-2018, 08:05 PM
Thanks Adam. I’ll hit you up w pm later on good eats etc. sounds like fishing is out

mems
11-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Sorry about your back. I injured mine a couple of years ago fighting a big ahi on light tackle. I still surf even though my right foot is numb. Hope you enjoy Bali, Mems.